Dr. Ambedkar Chair of Legal Studies & Research Aligarh Muslim University, Aligarh – in collaboration with Dr. Ambedkar Foundation, Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment, Government of India
There is no Registration Fee
E Certificate will be provided
Date: 18th July, 2020 11:00 AM Onwards
Zoom Webinar ID: 884 8303 8923
Note: Webinar will be live-streamed on our YouTube channel too (if you are unable to join in zoom then you can check out our YouTube channel)
Objectives of Webinar
- To ignite the deliberations for bridging the gap between the regulations and the ground reality of the position of women in India.
- To analyse the progress achieved towards the goal of women empowerment in India.
- To highlight the existing social legislations, government enactments, policies and gaps in their implementation concerning gender justice.
- To highlight the importance of women empowerment in bringing gender equality, enhancing the social status of women and thereby achieving social and economic growth of the country.
- To identify the roadblocks in the path of women empowerment and suggest remedial measures.
- To examine the role of various civic societies and N.G.O.s working in the field of women empowerment.
- To provide an opportunity to different stakeholders of the society comprising of diverse cultural traits to discuss the issues and to explore viable steps for promoting gender justice in India.
Sub – Themes Of Webinar
- Social and economic dimensions of the issue of women empowerment in India
- Dr. Ambedkar’s perspective on gender justice and women empowerment
- Women Empowerment – the key to achieve Social & Economic growth of the country
- Different legislations and programmes in India to achieve women empowerment
- Major hurdles in achieving women empowerment
- Role of Indian Judiciary in towards women empowerment in India
- Crimes against women- a blot on gender equality and women empowerment
- Role of N.G.O.s in achieving women empowerment in India
- Gender Justice in India: Myth or reality
- Any other topic related to the theme/sub-theme
Call For Papers
Abstracts for the E-Seminar/webinar are invited from faculties, lawyers, social activists, research scholars and students on the thematic thrust area or any of the sub-themes.
- Still, the above theme/ sub-themes are only illustrative, not exhaustive.
- The last date for the abstract submission is 15th July 2020 by 12:00 noon.
- All the Abstracts will be submitted before the Seminar Committee, and the Committee will review all the received abstracts and select the papers for presentation.
- The authors presenting their papers are required to submit an abstract of 350 words with keywords stating the statement of the problem, research questions, and methodology applied in the paper with major expected findings.
- The time for the presentation will be 4+1 minutes.
Paper Submission Guidelines
All the authors are also requested to submit their full paper for publication on or before 30th August 2020. Authors presenting their research papers are expected to apply research skill and use appropriate research methodology. Every paper must be confined to theme or sub-themes of E-Seminar. It should highlight research questions and suggest the outcomes of
research with the findings. The paper should not be of more than 4000 words. The selected research papers would be published in the journal “Quest for Justice” or an edited book bearing an ISBN number.
- Co-authorship up to a maximum of two authors is allowed.
- The abstract should contain the title of the paper, along with the author(s)’ name, contact number and Email Id, along with the designation of the authors (if any).
- The abstract should not be plagiarised, and free from grammatical, spelling and other errors.
- The abstract should be typed in Times New Roman, with a font size of 12, with a 1.5- line spacing.
- A margin of 4 centimeters is to be left on all sides of the paper.
- Page borders, headers and footers shall not be used.
- The paper shall be in .doc or .docx format only. (PDF file may also be sent along with .doc/.docx file)
- Kindly send your abstract or full papers in soft copy / electronic format only on the following email address: [email protected]
More instructions about the paper submission will follow soon after the selection of abstract.
Prof. Javaid Talib, Programme Director
Prof. Mohammad Tariq, Programme Convener
Mr. Mohammad Nasir, Organising Secretary
Dr. Zafar Ahmad Khan, Programme Moderator
Mr. Faham Ahmed Khan, Student Convener
Mr. Suhail Khan, Student Co-Convener