Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee invites applications from Indian Nationals (foreign nationals can be appointed on renewable contract of five years) with outstanding track record for faculty positions at the levels of Professor, Associate Professor and Assistant Professor in the following Departments/Centres:
- Architecture & Planning
- Applied Science and Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Computer Science & Engineering
- Earthquake Engineering
- Earth Sciences
- Electrical Engineering
- Electronics & Communication Engineering
- Humanities & Social Sciences
- Hydro & Renewable Energy
- Management Studies
- Mechanical & Industrial Engineering
- Metallurgical & Materials Engineering
- Paper Technology
- Polymer & Process Engineering
- Water Resources Development & Management
- Centre of Excellence in Disaster Mitigation & Management
- Centre of Nanotechnology
- Centre for Transportation systems
Recruitment policies for IITs, as stipulated by the Government of India from time to time, will be applicable.
To apply online : Click Here
- Last date for applying for Professor and Associate Professor positions is midnight of March 31, 2021.
- There is no last date for applying for Assistant Professor positions.
- Thus, applications for Assistant Professor positions are welcome throughout the year.
Designations and pay structures are as follows:
(i) Professor: Academic Level 14A of Pay Matrix (Rs.1,59,100 – 2,20,200)
(ii) Associate Professor: Academic Level 13A2 of Pay Matrix (Rs. 1,39,600 – 2,11,300)
(iii) Assistant Professor Grade-I: Academic Pay Level-12 (Rs.1,01,500– 1,67,400).
(iv) Assistant Professor Grade-II: Academic Pay Level-10 (Rs. 57,700– 98,200) The minimum starting pay to be fixed in Academic Pay Level-10 at Cell No.16 Rs. 89,800
Charpak Exchange Scholarship 2021 (Autumn Session): Call for Applications : Visit Here
Qualifications & Experience:
- Professor: Ph.D with first class or equivalent at the preceding degree in an appropriate branch, with a very good academic record throughout and a minimum of 10 years experience of which at least 4 years should be at the level of Associate Professor in IITs, IISc Bangalore, IIMs, NITIE Mumbai and IISERs or at an equivalent level in any other Indian or foreign institution of comparable standard.
- Associate Professor: Ph.D with first class or equivalent at the preceding degree in an appropriate branch, with a very good academic record throughout and a minimum of 6 years experience, of which at least three years should be at the level of Assistant Professor.
- Assistant Professor Grade-I: Ph.D. with first class or equivalent at the preceding degree in an appropriate branch with a very good academic record throughout and a minimum of 3 years industrial/research/teaching experience, excluding the experience gained while pursuing Ph.D.
- Assistant Professor Grade-II: Ph.D. with first class or equivalent at the preceding degree in an appropriate branch with a very good academic record throughout.
Specific Note: Broad research areas, essential qualifications and other details for Centre of Excellence in Disaster Mitigation & Management, Centre of Nanotechnology and Centre for Transportation Systems are available Click Here
- General Notes:-
(i) The minimum requirement of qualifications and/or experience may be relaxed in the case of outstanding applicants.
(ii) Applicants should ensure that all the relevant information and documents have been uploaded, before submitting the final application. After submission of the application, the applicant should take a printout and keep it for his/her record. No hard copy of the application needs to be submitted.
(iii) It is the responsibility of the applicant to keep his current employer informed about his/her application to IIT Roorkee.
(iv) Mere fulfillment of the above mentioned qualifications & experience does not entitle an applicant to be called for interview.
(v) An applicant can apply to more than one department.
(vi) Applicants called for interview will be reimbursed to and fro travel expenses within India, limited to Economy Class Air Fare (by Air India), and accommodation will be provided in one of the guest houses of the Institute.