Applications are invited for the position of a “Senior Research Fellow” at IIT Gandhinagar for working in a project “Development of materials for low temperature CO2 capture”
Name of the Post: Senior Research Fellow (SRF)
Consolidated Monthly Pay: Rs. 35,000/-
Qualification and Experience:
- M.Tech from IIT/NIT or other reputed University in Chemical Engineering with very good academic background throughout the career
- Candidate must have hands-on experience in synthesis of materials for low temperature CO2 sorption
- Candidate with prior experience in materials characterization techniques such as TGA, BET, SEM, XRD, XPS and FTIR for CO2 capture materials will be preferred
- Candidate with thorough knowledge on volatile organic compounds (VOCs)/gas adsorption (such as CO2, N2) technique/design of adsorber using gProm software etc. will be preferred
- Candidate with experience in CO2 supercritical drying operation and other related experience in CO2 capture experiments will be preferred
- Candidate must have 2 years of experience in good research Laboratory and have ability to work in a group.
Terms: The appointment will be one year only which can be extended to another six
months based on the performance and availability of the fund.
Mode of Selection:
The shortlisted candidates will be called for interview. The final selection of candidates will be decided on his/her merit and performance in the interview.