Pratham is an innovative learning organization created to improve the quality of education in India. As one of the largest non-governmental organizations in the country, Pratham focuses on high-quality, low-cost, and replicable interventions to address gaps in the education system. Established in 1995 to provide education to children in the slums of Mumbai, Pratham has grown both in scope and geographical coverage. Pratham is a widely recognized organization, having received notable awards such as the WISE Prize for Innovation, Skoll Award for Social Entrepreneurship, the Henry R Kravis Prize in Leadership, and the CNN- IBN Indian of the Year for Public Service. For more details, refer to www.pratham.org
Gurushala was launched in September 2019 offering a variety of free high-quality interactive resources including online courses on innovative pedagogies, curated digital content aligned to the school curriculum and a networking platform for teachers across India. In 2021, Gurushala initiated its engagement with students through online assessments and a range of online classes for students. The program has aimed to positively impact the learning levels of students by training teachers to integrate technology and innovative group learning pedagogies inside the classroom. Gurushala, a mobile application, is an initiative of Indus Towers Ltd. and Vodafone Idea Foundation and is implemented by Pratham Education Foundation and is also available as a website. While continuing to provide resources, Gurushala is also looking to expand to a new target audience while deepening engagement with the existing target audience.
The program associate will work as a key member of the unit designing capacity development programs for teachers and implementing them through in-person training and online sessions. One of the key responsibilities of the incumbent will be to design a training and support program for effective and innovative use of laboratory to enhance the engagement of students in science concepts. The incumbent will also provide pedagogical support to teachers to ensure that lab activities align with the curriculum.
- Design and implement training modules for teachers on effective usage of Science and other related laboratories in alignment with the K-12 curriculum through in-person training and online sessions.
- Provide content and pedagogical support to teachers to develop engaging lab activities, games that align with the curriculum and enhance students’ understanding and interest of science concepts.
- Identify potential partner schools and collaborate with them to establish effective laboratory practices and ensure effective communication with them.
- Make regular presentations to the school partner management on the effective implementation of the program.
- Collaborate within the team to develop and implement a monitoring and measurement system to measure the effectiveness of the programme.
- Analyse the effectiveness of the program and develop reports for internal and external stakeholders.
- Contribute to the development of new initiatives and projects to enhance the quality of science education in government and government-aided schools.
- Conduct engaging and effective training sessions for teachers, utilising various teaching techniques and tools.
- Create regular reports on the progress of the training program. Any other activities as per the requirements of the program.
Required Skills and Abilities
- A Master’s degree in Physics, Chemistry, Biology or a related field is a prerequisite.
- A higher degree is preferred.
- A degree in a teacher education course like B.Ed. or any other course will also be preferred.
- Extensive knowledge of K-12 science concepts and experience in designing and implementing laboratory activities.
- Strong pedagogical skills and ability to provide support to teachers in developing engaging laboratory activities.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, in English and Hindi.
- Candidates with knowledge of other regional languages will be preferred.Strong analytical and conceptual skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to build effective relationships with partners and stakeholders.
- Proficient in using Microsoft Office suite and Google Suite.
- Ability to handle back-end databases for data collection and analysis.Willingness to travel extensively to various locations.
Working Details and Remuneration
- Remuneration will be commensurate to the candidate’s experience and will be within the range of INR 30,000-40,000 CTC per month.
- The incumbent will be based in New Delhi. However, this position will require extensive travel across the country to undertake training of teachers and for other activities.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should submit their resume via the link given below by 15 June 2023
Please sign in with your Gmail account to access the link.
- For any queries or clarifications required, you can send an email to email@example.com or call us at +91 11 49059416, 49059417
- Due to the large number of applications we receive, we will only be in contact with shortlisted candidates