Application Invited for Summer Training Programme
CSIR-Centre for Cellular and Molecular Biology, Hyderabad (CSIR-CCMB) invites online applications for the Summer Training Program 2023.
- There is no Registration Fees
- Last date for submitting online applications: 06th March 2023 (6 pm)
- Last date for selected candidates to inform their acceptance: 05th April 2023 (6 pm)
- Tentative dates of joining CCMB: Between 15th May – 15th June 2023
About the Programme
The program is open to the following students from all branches of life science studying at any Indian University/College/Research Institute.
- M.Sc. Program: Students admitted in 2022 (who finished first year of M.Sc).
- B.Tech./B.Pharm Program: Students admitted in the year 2020 (who finished 3 years of B. Tech).
- Integrated B.Tech.-M.Tech or B.Sc-M.Sc. or BVSc: Students who finished 8th Semester (or 4 years of their study)
- MBBS /BDS students in any year of their study can apply.
- M.Tech/ M.Pharm students are not eligible
- B.Sc in Biosciences 4years program: Students admitted in the year 2020 (who finished 3 years of B.Sc)
Note: 3 years B.Sc program students are not eligible
It is not a conventional classroom lecture-based training program. Instead, each selected candidate/trainee will be assigned to a CCMB staff scientist who will supervise/mentor them during the stay. Each student is expected to execute a small project work under the guidance of the scientist. A lecture series on popular science topics, scientific ethics, good laboratory practices, and opportunities in life sciences will be organized for the students. At the end of the program, students must submit a ‘Project Report’ of the work done and also would be required to make a poster presentation.
The program is mainly intended to give students a real-time exposure/hands-on experience to inculcate zeal for research.
Although efforts are made to take into consideration the ‘statement of purpose’/research interest of the selected students (while assigning to different Scientists), it is generally not possible as the allotments are mainly based on the availability of working place(s) in different labs.
Therefore, students should be ready to work in any laboratory of CCMB, if selected, irrespective of their stated research interest.
- Application, authorization letter from the HOD/DEAN of the Institute/ University/ College for the Summer Program 2023 can be submitted online.
- The names of the selected candidates will be put up on the CCMB Website. It may be noted that no separate intimation would be sent to any candidate, and thus all applicants are expected to check the ‘selection list’ on CCMB Website.
Academic excellence along with the ‘Statement of purpose’ are considered for the selection of candidates.
There is no ‘Fee’ charged for this program. Selected candidates must self-finance their stay in CCMB, Hyderabad. However, CCMB offers shared accommodation for the outstation students in the CCMB housing facility depending upon vacant flats/space availability.
Important points to note
- Applications for Summer Program 2023 MUST be submitted ONLINE only.
- Duration of the program is 60 days (~eight weeks) between May-July 2023.
- Requests/applications for the program sent prior to this notification will not be considered. Any such candidate MUST apply again using the prescribed application form.
- Upload the copies of marks/grades obtained in 10th standard, B.Sc and M.Sc (first year) or B.Tech/B.Pharm (first three years) or Integrated B.Tech – M.Tech (first four years).
- In case the marks sheet/grades for the 2nd semester (or first year) of M.Sc or 6th semester (last semester of pre-final year) in case of B.Tech or 8th semester (last semester of pre-final year) Integrated B.Tech – M.Tech students are not available, the candidate MUST upload a certificate from the college/institute that he/she has appeared for the exams and the results are awaited.
- Incomplete applications will not be considered/be rejected.
- Academic excellence, Statement of purpose will be considered as the criteria for selection of the candidates. However, the average chance of selection is less than 10% as the number of applications is very high.
- The decision of the Centre regarding the selection of candidates shall be final.
- Canvassing in any form and/or bringing in any influence, political or otherwise, will be treated as a disqualification.
- All candidates selected for the program would need to spend a minimum of 60 days in CCMB without any break.
- All candidates are required to furnish authorization letter from the Head of the Department/DEAN in the prescribed format.
For Details: Visit Here