About the Fellowship
- The last date for submission of applications for SRF Postdoctoral Fellowships is 16 May 2022
As we strictly follow the Covid protocols, the recipients of 2022 Fellowships may work from home. However, they are expected to make presentations online as stipulated by the Foundation.
SRF Postdoctoral Fellowships (SRF PDF) are awarded to doctoral degree holders to further strengthen the knowledge base gained during their PhD research. The scholar should have at least one book or 3 research articles in the area of their proposed research.
Fellowships are awarded on the basis of the scope for further study and the relevance the subject holds in terms of value addition to knowledge capital. The applicant must address this aspect in the research proposal.
The final selection shall be made based on a 10-minute presentation, followed by an interview. The short-listed candidates would be informed by 30 May 2022 and the final selection will be announced on 16 June 2022. The Fellowships can be availed from 1 July 2022.
Those who have submitted their doctoral thesis are eligible to apply for the SRF- PDF by producing the submission certificate from the concerned university. However, the Fellowship amount will have to be refunded if the Ph D degree is not awarded within 12 months from the date of commencement of the PDF.
The decision of the Selection Committee will be final. Selected candidates are expected to abide by the SRF Fellowship Regulations and give an undertaking to this effect.
The duration of the SRF- PDF is six months from the date of commencement of research. The recipient is free to choose this date but the fellowship must be availed by at least six months from the date of the announcement of the award.
The Fellowship amount is Rs. 25,000/-. The Fellowship would be disbursed in two instalments. The first instalment of Rs 10000/- is disbursed after a presentation of 15 minutes on completion of one month of research. The second instalment of Rs 15,000/- is released after an expert committee reviews the document submitted on completion of the research.
The selected scholar is eligible for 30 days Residency at Samyukta Research Centre, Kowdiar, Thiruvananthapuram, for data collection, reading or preparation of the final document. The dates of the Residency have to be finalised at the time of acceptance of the Fellowship. Please note that the dates once fixed cannot be changed or split.
Upon completion of the research, the candidates are expected to submit any one of the deliverables listed below:
- A monograph on the topic chosen for the PDF. (20,000 words approx)
- 2 research articles on the topic chosen for the PDF. (6000-8000 words approx each)
- Translation of an important text from any genre in a regional language with a critical introduction. (6000-8000 words approx)
- Short history of a region with supporting documents. (20,000 words approx)
- Short history of changing landscapes with focus on climate change. (20,000 words approx)
- Photo essay of a festival or a ritual or a performance. (15,000 words approx)
- Short history of an ethnic group. (20,000 words approx)
- The biography of a person.(20,000 words approx)
- The cultural biography of things.
Candidates applying for the Fellowship are expected to indicate the deliverable in the research proposal.
The document submitted on completion of the PDF may be considered for publication in Samyukta: A Journal of Gender & Culture or in the Samyukta: Work in Progress Series.