- Temporary Positions of Post Doctoral Fellow/ Project Fellow To work under Research, Innovation and Quality Improvement – RUSA 2.0
One post of Postdoctoral Fellow is to be filled up on purely temporary basis for an RUSA 2.0 Sponsored Project entitled: “Efficacy of ethanolic extract of Mucuna pruriens in pre-clinical animal models of ischemia induced cellular degeneration and identification of the probable bioactive components and molecular mechanisms”-in the Department of Anatomy, Dr.ALMPGIBMS, Univ. of Madras. Taramani, Ch-113
Name of Post: Postdoctoral Fellow
Age : Up to 40 years
Salary : As per RUSA 2.0 guidelines issued by University of Madras
(Rs. 55,000/- per month consolidated. Total tenure 2 Years or as prescribed by the University of Madras at the time of appointment)
Essential Educational Qualification : First Class Postgraduate degree in Anatomy/Neuroscience (Faculty of Medicine)
– Ph.D. in Anatomy / Neuroscience
Research Experience: Work experience in Animal experiments especially animal surgery to create spinal cord injury / cerebrovascular occlusive stroke / myocardial infarction modeling / testicular torsion modeling, functional scoring based on animal behavior etc is mandatory.
Experience in herbal science research involving extraction and concentrating the products and characterizing the components using GCMS/HPLC highly desirable
Proven academic and research excellence in the form of quality publications
Knowledge in computer software for documentation (MS office products), data analyses using statistical software (Graphpad / SPSS) and ability in administrative tasks pertaining to the project will be viewed as an additional qualification – Experience in area related to the project viz. spinal cord injury / cardio vascular research / neuroscience research is highly desirable.
Preference : Proven academic and research excellence in the form of quality publications or conference proceeding in field of the project. Ability to travel to various places in connection with collection, analyses of samples etc shall be preferable
- Post Doctoral Fellow Salary Rs.55,000/- per month (Consolidated)
- Project Fellow Salary Rs.18,000/- per month (Consolidated)
- Duration One Year (Extendable depending on performance)
- No TA/DA etc. will be given to attend the interview.
- The post is to be filled up on purely temporary basis. The duration of the post is co-terminable with the project.
- Last date for submission of the filled in application is 08.04.2021 up to 5.00 PM.
- The cover should be super scribed as “Application for the post of Post Doctoral Fellow/ Project Fellow post code ………….. under RUSA 2.0 Project”
- The Candidates are asked to send the application with cover letter along the CV, copies of relevant certificates and proof for experience/publications if any, to The Professor & Head, Department of Anatomy, Universtiy of Madras, Dr. Arcot Lakshmanaswamy Mudaliar Post Graduate Institute Of Basic Medical Sciences, Taramani, Chennai 600 113., through Post.
- Applicants may also be submitted their applications through e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
- The University reserves the right to fill or not to fill up the above posts.