About the Scholarship
- Application Deadline: June 03, 2023
IET India Scholarship Awards is a prestige award that recognises and nurtures future engineering leaders of India. In its 6th edition, we received phenomenal response from engineering students across the country!
This year, the awards are open to 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th year undergraduate engineering students. Students from all AICTE approved undergraduate engineering programmes can apply to win our scholarships this year. More than 36,000 engineering students have applied to the IET India Scholarship Award over the last 5 editions and we hope to see wonderful response from the young engineering talent across India this year as well.
Eligibility for IET India Scholarship Award 2023
To be eligible for the Scholarship Award, applicants must be students of first, second, third or fourth year full time B.Tech programmes in India.
- Any first, second, third year and fourth year full time regular UG Engineering student from an AICTE/UGC approved institution. (Open to students across all engineering branches as recognised by the AICTE/UGC.)
- All regular credit courses must have been cleared in a single attempt by the applicant.
- UG marks should be at least 60% in aggregate for the semesters cleared so far or corresponding to CGPA of at least 6.0 in a 10 point scale
- There is no age limit for the applicant.
- Application is open to IET members, as well as non-members.
- Students from AICTE/UGC approved Institutions and national institutes are eligible to apply for scholarship.
How to Apply
Visit Here to Apply
IET India Scholarship Awards Process
The evaluation of IET India Scholarship Award 2023 will be done in the following 4 different stages/ levels:
Stage 1: Online Application & Evaluation
- Only those candidates who clear the eligibility criteria as set out by the IET India Scholarship Award will be considered in the Online Application round.
- Shortlisted candidates will be invited for an online test on STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics) essentials.
- The shortlisted candidates from Stage 1 will make it to Stage 2 and will include the top 10 percentile of applicants from every region (North, East & Northeast, South 1, South 2 and West).
- For the South region, the division of states will be South 1: Karnataka, Telangana and Kerala and South 2: Tamil Nadu, Andhra Pradesh and Pondicherry
- The scores will be calculated from the total applications received, based on the weightages assigned to each of the questions in the online application form mentioned below:
Weightages considered for the online application
- Academics – 60%
- Extra & Co-Curricular – 20%
- Outreach – 10% (Activities other than institutional activities like; coordinating or organising industrial visits, organising lectures/seminars etc.)
- Professional – 10% (Membership in professional bodies, coordinating activities of the professional bodies, office bearer of any professional body/student chapter, contributing to professional bodies through papers presentations etc.)
Stage 2: Online test
- Shortlisted applicants from Stage 1 will be invited to take an All-India online test.
- This online test is conducted to assess the shortlisted applicant’s knowledge in engineering subjects: Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, Mechanical, Electrical, Electronics and Computer Science
- There will be a total of approximately 50 multiple choice questions.
- The top scoring 30 applicants in each Region (North, South 1 and South 2, East & Northeast and West) will progress to Stage 3.
- Please note that ONLY the applicants selected for the next round, that is, the regional presentation round, will be contacted further and receive an email from us by 10 July 2023
Stage 3: Regional Rounds
- In this Regional Level Assessment, the applicants shortlisted from each region will present on topics that will be given by the Jury members.
- 5 important Societal Challenges will be identified and students will be invited to present a technological solution for these. Each region’s Challenge topic will be identified according to current and trending issues identified in the region.
- The topic will be communicated to the contestants at least 10 days in advance to enable the student to prepare. This round will happen in person on the scheduled date of the presentations as indicated Visit Here in a central city for each region. The venue details and timings will be communicated to the shortlisted students in advance.
- The Winner of each Region will move onto the next stage – National Finals.
- There will also be a Runner up identified and felicitated.
The Regional Assessment will be conducted across 5 regions:
- Regional North (Delhi)
- Regional South 1 (Bangalore)
- Regional South 2 (Chennai)
- Regional East + North East (Kolkata)
- Regional West (Mumbai)
Stage 4: The National Finals
The National Finals of IET India Scholarship Awards 2023 will be held tentatively in August 2023. The 5 winners from the Regional Rounds will make their presentations on their technology solution, and their vision for it, as they see it, for the engineering problem chosen in the previous Round.
These National Finalists will be judged on their respective presentation to the national jury, and their overall growth over the course of their participation in each stage of the Scholarship Awards. The applicants will be assessed on the performance and improvement shown by them in each round of the Scholarship Awards.
Read complete terms and conditions
About the IET
- The National Finals may also include a Group Discussion and the topic for this GD will be given by the jury on the day of the National Finals.
- The National Finals will be held in Bangalore. Venue details and timings will be communicated to the shortlisted students in advance.
The Institution of Engineering and Technology (The IET) is one of the world’s largest professional societies for engineers, headquartered in the UK. In India, the IET works closely with industry, academia and government towards its global mission, and conducts wide-ranging activities that focus on areas such as Future technologies. Future of Mobility and Transport, as well as the Future of Work. Shri Ratan Tata, Former Chairman Tata Sons, N R Narayana Murthy, Chairman Emeritus, Infosys and T V Ramachandran, President, Broadband India Forum (Ex-Resident Director, Vodafone) are Honorary Fellows of the IET.