Sahitya Akademi is an autonomous organization under Ministry of Culture, Govt. of India. As India’s Premier Literary Institution, the Akademi preserve and promotes literature contained in twenty-four Indian languages recognized by it through Award, Fellowships, Grants, Publications, Literary Programmes, Workshops and Exhibitions. The Akademi also undertakes literary exchange programmes with various countries across the globe to promote Indian literature beyond the shores of India. The Akademi invites the applications for the following posts to be filled on direct recruitment basis:
About the Recruitment
- Apply before: 01 May 2023
|Pay Level (7th CPC Pay Matrix)||Location|
|1||Dy. Secretary (General)||1 (UR)|
|2||Regional Secretary||2 (UR)||Rs.67,700-2,08,700,|
& 1- Regional
|3||Programme Officer||2 (UR)||Rs.56,100-1,77,500,|
& 1- Regional
GENERAL INSTRUCTIONS TO THE CANDIDATES
- Application form giving full details with a recent self-attested passport size photograph along with copies of self-attested documents and super scribed on the envelope “Application for the post of ____________” addressed to the Secretary, Sahitya Akademi, Rabindra Bhavan, 35 Ferozeshah Road, New Delhi-110001 should be sent by speed-post/registered post within 30 days from the date of publication of the advertisement in the Employment News.
- A separate application form has to be submitted for each post. Candidature may be cancelled if more than one application is submitted for the same post.
- Applications received through email and/or Applications which do not meet the criteria given the advertisement/incomplete applications/without signed/without enclosing self-attested documents/late application are liable to be rejected and will not be accepted under any circumstances.
- It is the responsibility of the candidate to assess his/her own eligibility for the post for which he/she is applying in accordance with the advertisement. Candidates should not furnish any particulars that are false, tampered, fabricated or suppress any material/information while submitting the application form. If any of the information is found to be false or incorrect, any ineligibility being detected any time in the future during the process of selection or even after appointment, his/her candidature/appointment shall be liable to be cancelled/terminated without further notice.
- The number of posts advertised may vary and the Sahitya Akademi reserves the right to fill or not to fill-up the post(s) advertised, if the circumstances so warrant.
- Age relaxation will be as per Government of India rules.
- Candidate(s) working in Central/State Govt./Autonomous bodies/Public Sector Undertakings etc. should apply through proper channel or produce NOC.
- Candidate(s) belonging to SC/ST/OBC/PwD/Ex-Servicemen categories should enclose self-attested copy of certificates issued by competent authority in the prescribed format as stipulate by Government of India. In case of candidates belonging to OBC category, certificate should specifically contain a clause that the candidate does not belong to creamy layer section.
- All candidates should have fulfilled the requisite educational qualifications, age limit and experience as on the closing date of submission of application
- Any addendum/corrigendum shall be posted only on the Akademi website
- Only shortlisted candidates shall be called for written examination/skill test/interview. No interim correspondence will be entertained in this regard.
- Candidates called for written test/skill test/personal interview etc. shall do so at their own expenses. No TA/DA shall be paid.
- Sahitya Akademi reserves the right to fix any other criteria for shortlisting candidates in case large number of applications received for any post.
- Incumbent selected is liable to be transferred to any of the offices of the Sahitya Akademi located in India.
- In case of any inadvertent mistake in the process of selection, which may be detected at any stage even after the issue of appointment letter, the Akademi reserves right to modify/cancel/withdraw any communication made to the candidate.
- In order to avoid last minutes’ rush, the candidates are advised to apply early, the Akademi will not be responsible for any postal delay
How to Apply
The candidates should apply ONLY in the PRESCRIBED FORMAT as given on Akademi’s website: along
with self-attested copies of all educational documents, experience & caste certificate etc. without which the application shall liable to be rejected.