Indian Institute of Astrophysics (IIA) is an autonomous academic national institution under Department of Science & Technology, Govt. of India dedicated to research in Astronomy, Astrophysics and Allied Sciences & Technology. The Institute has its main campus in Koramangala, Bangalore and CREST Campus at Hosakote, Bangalore. It operates field stations at Kavalur & Kodaikanal in Tamil Nadu, Gauribidanur in Karnataka, and Leh/Hanle in Union Territory of Ladakh.
About the Recruitment
Online applications are invited from eligible, bright and motivated individuals for the following position to work on the DST-SERB funded Project titled “Investigating the central parsec regions around supermassive black holes (INTERVAL)
- Name of the position: Project Assistant
- No. of Position 01 (One)
- Essential Qualification: B.Sc in any discipline or 3 year Diploma in Engineering or Technology in any branch.
- Desirable Qualification: B.Tech/M.Tech/M.Sc. in any discipline or branch.
- Age limit Maximum upto 50 years.
- Duration 02 Years
- Emoluments Rs.20,000/- + HRA @8%
- Place of posting IAO Observatory, Hanle, Union Territory of Ladakh
- Job description Night Sky observations, Telescope Handling, Data Management and Reduction.
- Desirable Experience: Having exposure to Linux operating system and proficiency in computer programming (C, C++, Python)
How to Apply
For Details: Visit Here
Terms & Conditions
- The appointment is purely temporary on contract basis and does not confer any privilege or benefit applicable to regular employment. No claim whatsoever for regular employment in the Institute shall be entertained.
- The tenure of appointment is initially for a period of 1 year and extendable for one more year on satisfactory performance and requirement of the project or may be co-terminus with completion of the project whichever is earlier.
- The date of determining the upper age limit, qualifications and experience shall be the closing date prescribed for receipt of completed applications.
- It is open to the Institute to conduct written test to shortlist the candidates for interview in case the attendance of candidates is more.
- Age relaxation is permissible to SC, ST & OBC candidates and also to physically handicapped candidate as notified by Government of India from time to time.
- The candidate selected will be posted to work in IAO Observatory, Hanle, Ladakh and is liable to be posted anywhere in India as per the requirement of the Institute/Project.
- Candidates belonging the Union Territory of Ladakh/Jammu will be preferred as the candidate has to work in high altitude above 15000 ft height above mean sea level.
- NO TA/DA will be reimbursed to the shortlisted candidates for attending Interview/Skill Test.
- No correspondence will be entertained with the candidates not selected for interview/appointment. Canvassing in any form will be a disqualification.
- Candidates of Indian Nationality only can apply for this post.
- The prescribed educational qualifications are minimum required, and mere possession of the same does not entitle candidates to be called for interview. Where the number of applications received in response to the advertisement is large and it will not be convenient or possible for the Institute to interview all those candidates, the Institute reserves the right to limit number of candidates to be called for interview on the basis of qualifications and experience higher than the minimum prescribed in the advertisement.
- The Institute reserves the right to cancel the entire recruitment process at any time without assigning any reasons whatsoever.
- Candidates meeting the above requirements and willing to be considered for the above said position may submit application through online only. Candidates are required to upload their scanned Curriculum Vitae (CV), Date of Birth Proof, Educational Qualification, Experience and Community Certificates in the online application failing which they will not be considered for further stages of scrutiny/recruitment process.
- 14. Misrepresentation or falsification of facts detected at any stage of the selection process or instances of misconduct/misbehaviour at any stage during selection process shall result in cancellation of candidature without any notice and no correspondence in this regard shall be entertained.
- The last date for receipt of online application is 16.06.2023 (Friday) at 17:30 hours.