- Positions: 2 (Full Time)
- Job Title: Research coordinator
- Project: IMPlementation of evidence based facility and community interventions to reduce the treatment gap for depRESSion (IMPRESS)
- Duration: One year (can be extended based on performance and funding)
- Location: Goa
About the Organization
About the Project
IMPRESS is a Randomised control trial (RCT) which aims at reducing the treatment gap of depression in Goa, India by improving the access to depression care by increasing both contact coverage (proportion of affected individuals who seek help with a service provider) and effective coverage (proportion of persons receiving care who attain the desired outcomes) for depression care in a cost-effective and sustainable manner. We aim to demonstrate how community based interventions can enhance access to, and improve the outcomes of, the Healthy Activity Program (HAP), a manualised psychological treatment based on behavioural activation, in an efficient and sustainable manner.
- Assist the Project coordinator and Principal Investigator in the implementation of intervention for depression care in the primary health centres and local communities of Goa.
- Liason with the stakeholders in the government healthcare officials and ensure a smooth delivery of the intervention.
- Design the qualitative and quantitative research tools and protocols for project related research activities.
- Collect and analyse project related qualitative and quantitative data and prepare academic and research outputs.
- Conduct trainings and supervision activities for research team members.
- Organise meetings with project team members and collaborators.
- Serve a critical role as liaison, facilitate meetings between project stakeholders and leadership, and complete and maintain professional documentation for projects and deliverables, and develop SOPs as needed.
- Contribute to other ongoing research at the Addictions Research Group.
- Work on writing manuscripts and academic outputs to disseminate project findings.
- Participate in Sangath activities.
- Report to the Project Coordinator.
- Post-graduate degree in public health, mental health, social work or closely related field.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in conducting public health related research.
- Experience of working in Public Health systems such as PHCs/CHCs/District Hospitals.
- Experience of managing a team of researchers.
- Ability to work well independently, and collaboratively within a research team.
- Excellent communication/interpersonal skills, as well as verbal and written skills in English.
- Experience of working in a Randomized Controlled Trial.
- Scientific publications as first authors in peer reviewed journals.
- Proficient skills in software for qualitative and quantitative analysis (STATA, R, NVivo, etc.)
- Professional working proficiency of local languages- Konkani or Marathi
Remuneration: As per Sangath salary scales
How to apply: Send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following documents no later than 10th march 2022, 6:00 pm IST.
- Curriculum Vitae
- 1 Scientific writing Sample (published or unpublished)
- Cover letter with the following information- your suitability for the role, salary expectations, and willingness to relocate to Goa.
Note: Send your email with the following subject line – IMPRESS Research Coordinator
For internal Candidates, kindly note that the application has to be accompanied by written consent from your Supervisor.