Childnet Film Competition: International invites young people across the globe to create a short film focusing on this year’s online safety theme.
All schools outside of the UK are invited to create a two minute film in response to the competition theme of “Time to talk – How can people support each other online?”
About the Competition
International would make a fantastic online safety education provision for your next term, and not to mention a unique opportunity for your learners to develop their skills in media, drama, art all while considering how to stay safe online.
- All entries must be in English Language
- You have until 21st June to submit your films, with the final announcement showcasing on 19th July
- Multiple groups within the same school can submit their own films for their chance to win your school £500 to spend on a spectacular filmmaking prize
Easy steps to apply
- Discuss the competition with your learners and find out which groups would like to create a film
- Download the competition pack and find the documents you need to plan and make a submission, as well as finding out more about key things such as copyright and the competition terms and conditions
- Support your learners in planning what their film is going to be about and what roles everyone will play
- Schedule time for your learners to plan and shoot their film, remember to leave time for editing!
- Email your film, the entry form and signed media consent forms for all participants to firstname.lastname@example.org via WeTransfer or Dropbox by 17:00 UTC Wednesday 21st June 2023