Implementation of Academic Bank of Credits (ABC) on Urgent Basis
As you are aware, the Commission with the concurrence of Ministry of Education had notified “The University Grants Commission (Establishment and Operation of Academic Bank of Credits in Higher Education) Regulations -2021” in the Gazette of India on 28th July, 2021. The Academic Bank of Credits (ABC) platform has been developed by the National e-Governance Division (NeGD) of Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (MeitY) under DigiLocker framework, with facility/ functionality of opening Academic Account by the students and on-boarding of Higher Educational Institutions (HEls).
Academic Bank of Credits will digitally store the academic credits earned by students from
HEls registered with ABC, for awarding degree/ Diploma /Certificates taking into account
credits earned by students. ABC will ensure the opening, closure, and validation of Academic Bank of Accounts, verification, accumulation, and transfer or redemption for students. ABC facilitate students to choose their own learning path to attain a degree /Diploma /Certificates, working on the principle of multiple entry-multiple exit as well as any-time, any-where, and any-level learning.
To enhance the reach of the ABC programme, all Higher Educational Institutions are requested to take action on the following on urgent basis.
Register your Institution on ABC: Visit Here
- Upload data of Student Credits obtained during or after the academic year 2021-22.
- Make the students of your Institution aware about ABC facility and encourage and hand-hold them for opening Academic Bank Account on ABC portal (www.abc.gov.in)
- Create a hyperlink of ABC URL, i.e., www.abc.gov.in on your Institution’s respective website’s home page.
- Depute the Nodal Officers for implementing ABC and reflecting their details on their websites.
- Higher Educational Institutions may insist their students to fill up ABC id on all examination form.
For any further information, you can contact ABC Cell of UGC on 011-24116316 &