Organizer: Central University of Punjab, India. Date: 28.02.2021 | Time: 9:00 AM
National Science Day is celebrated annually on 28th February to mark the anniversary of the discovery of Raman Effect by Prof. C.V. Raman, a discovery that fetched him the coveted Nobel Prize in 1930. Science Day is celebrated in India as a powerful advocacy tool to raise public awareness about science and for popularizing science among the masses. This year’s Science Day theme is “Future of Science, Technology and Innovation: Impacts on Education, Skills and Work.”
National Science Day is also the day the Central University of Punjab was established in 2009 by an act of parliament. Today, CU Punjab is a NAAC A accredited university that ranks consistently at No. 1 position among newly established Central Universities in NIRF university ranking framework.
In connection with National Science Day as well as the foundation day of the university, CU Punjab is organizing an International Science Quiz Competition. The competition is open for everyone (Indian nationals and Non-Resident Indians living abroad). The event is part of the broader mission of DST to create public awareness of science.
- Eligibility: All Indians and NRIs living abroad
- Registration Deadline: 25th February 5:00 PM IST
- Mode of Quiz: Online. Further details will be shared with registrants
- Topics for Quiz: History of Science in the Indian context, Science in Punjab, and Future of Science: Impacts on Education, Skills and Work
- Prize: Cash prize and citations for 1st, 2nd and 3rd positions.