Organizer: Department of Library and Information Center & Department of Management, Christ College of Science and Management- As part of World Book Day
About the Competition
- Duration: 23rd April – 2nd May 2022
- No Registration Fees
- The winners will be getting certificates along with surprise gifts
- E-Certificates will be given to all the participants
E mail your book review in the prescribed format to email@example.com on or before 2nd May 2022
- Paint a Quick Picture: Through your words, induce eagerness to gobble up the subject. Write about the author and genre and give glimpses of book’s purpose, main characters and ideas.
- Be Loud in Your Opinion: Recommendations and reservations regarding the book, your opinion about the type of reading required and what do you think about the contents. Be sure to back up your opinion with two or three main reasons that this book spoke to you: ideas, theme, characters, argument etc.
- Make it Colourful: Make it personal endorsement by sharing the part which created an impact on you, connection you made with main character, how it influenced your emotions and thinking.
- Make it Authentic: Incorporate two or three quotes and blend review with the message from author
- Start with a Bang: Get your readers interested with a snappy or intriguing first line.
- Specify the Audience: For whom the book is intended to. Make sure to recommend the book to a specific group of readers.
- Format: The letters should be Times New Roman font, 12” size with double space (2”) between the lines, no extra space between headings or body paragraphs. The major headings should be bolded and centred and sub headings should be bolded and flush left.
- Language: English
- Length: 600- 1000 words
- File Type: pdf format
- 23rd April 2022 : Competition Opens
- 2th May 2022 : Final Submission
- 10th May 2022 : Winners Announced
- 20th May 2022 : Winners will receive certificates and a surprise gift
Mr. Shon George: 9037787963
Mr. Joseph K Mathew: 8156876099
Christ College of Science and Management, Hosur- Malur Road, Bangalore, firstname.lastname@example.org