Organizer: Research and PG Department of English, St Aloysius College, Thrissur, Kerala
About the Competition
- Litprints – Literary Adaptation Contest in which participants have to attempt an adaptation of a literary work to print medium.
- Litxpressions – Literary Performance Contest in which participants have to enact a scene from any of the notable literary works.
- Students from any Indian college or university who are residing in India can participate in the contest
- Contestants can participate in one or both of the contests
- Prizes worth Rs 3000/-
- Last Date: 14 February 2022
Send your entries to email@example.com
Litprints – Adaptation Contest
- Contestants are expected to select any work of art and adapt it into print.
- You can select poems, short stories, short films, movies, documentaries, paintings, memes, cartoons etc as original work.
- Adaptations should only be in print forms such poetry, short fiction, screenplay, travelogue etc
- The original works can be in English or in any of the regional languages. In the case of works in regional languages, an English translation of the work should be attached in the mail.
- Original works such as movies, short films or documentaries should be available in open source video sharing platforms like YouTube. Link to the video should be sent with the adapted work.
- Submit the original work or link to the original work along with the adaptation (adapted work).
- Adapted work should not exceed 2000 words.
- Adapted work must be English.
- Final submissions are to be made in both MS-Word and pdf formats attached to the same email
Include the following details in your mail
- Name of the contestant
- Mobile number of the contestant
- Name of the college/university
- Title of Contest selected
LITXPRESSIONS – VIRTUAL PERFORMANCE CONTEST
- Contestants of Litxpressions are expected to perform a soliloquy, a dramatic monologue or a speech from any literary work.
- Name and relevant details of the selected work and character has to be mentioned prior to the performance.
- Contestants should not mention their name and college details in the video but attach the same to the email.
- The files should be original, unedited and in mp4 format.The video should be made in Landscape mode.
- Duration of the performance should not be more than 3 minutes. Contestants can avail up to 1 minute extra for introducing the character.
- Exceeding the time limit of the performance might result in disqualification of the contestant
Dr Chacko Jose P
Head of the Department
Dr Betsy Paul C
Ms. Reshma K Jose
Mr Paul Pottakkaran
Contact : 8086396324
St. Aloysius College, Elthuruth, is a first grade college affiliated to the University of Calicut. Journey of St. Aloysius began on 1 June 1968 with a vision and mission of St. Kuriakose Elias Chavara “to mould intellectually competent, morally upright, socially committed and
spiritually inspired individuals”. Today we have 17 UG and 8 PG courses along with Ph.D programme in English, indicating a continuous journey beyond the threshold of mediocrity to soar into an ever continuing explorative experience in quality education. Now with a team of dedicated and qualified teachers, and as many as 2000 students on the roll, we continue the journey we started a long ago.
RESEARCH AND PG DEPARTMENT OF ENGLISH: A recognised research centre of the University of Calicut from 2014, the Research and Postgraduate Department of English is one of the first departments established along with the inception of the college in 1968. Blessed with a vibrant and engaged faculty, The Department of English, concentrated on fine tuning the English language skills of the students while elevating their literary sensibility and sensitivity to the community around and to the world at large.
RESILIENCE 2021-2022: Resilience Literary Contest was first organised in 2020 during the initial phase of the pandemic. It prioritised the nurturing of a resilient self which can withstand the fears and challenges of the new normal. In its second version, Resilience 2022 seeks to celebrate the values of resilience by upholding the transformative powers of literature. It comprises of two literary contests: – Litprints – Literary Adaptation Contest in which participants have to attempt an adaptation of a work of art into print medium. Litxpressions – Virtual Performance Contest in which participants have to perform a scene from any of the notable literary works.