- ARPIT 2020: Annual Refresher Program in English Language Teaching on SWAYAM platform.
- No registration fees
By Prof Dr Jagdish S Joshi | UGC Human Resource Development Centre Gujarat University Ahmedabad
This is for the second time that a refresher course is being offered online as ARPIT SWAYAM MOOCs. Under the guidance of MHRD, Govt of India UGC HRDC of Gujarat University is coming to you with Annual Refresher Program in English Language Teaching. When you hear the name of Human Resource Development Centre or Academic Staff College it makes you recollect 28 days or 21 days of face to face Orientation Program, Refresher Course, Faculty Development Program or Short-Term Course scheduled on pre decided dates and venues which may have been inconvenient but had to be completed as it is professionally mandatory. We are presenting a refresher course at your place, your time and your pace. Annual Refresher Program in English Language Teaching. We have very successfully organised the first of its kind Online Refresher Course in English Language Teaching last year. I am proud to share that about 2000 college and university professors from across India have joined the course. Their feedback motivates us to come out with the second such initiative in the series. These teachers not only learnt from the well-designed course, but were also able to apply the practices adapted from the course in their classroom teaching. This pioneering effort is being undertaken to train the trainers and to enhance the skills and Competences of in-service academic faculty members. This course is intended to transform us from good teachers to effective teachers and is specially designed for you if you are an Assistant Professor, Associate Professor, Professor or aspiring to be on such positions related to language teaching and learning, especially English Language. We know that English is an international language and the skills of English Language are a passport to global success.
Learning outcomes or objectives:
The course is not planned on the assumption that we, professors do not know how to teach. We, being in the teaching profession for years, very well know that we need to learn, unlearn and relearn as the society, knowledge and technology around us is constantly evolving. The course is to help us keep ourselves updated. It is just an effort to assist us…
- To enhance our competence
- To engage us in collaborative team work
- In taking learning and teaching beyond the boundaries of the classrooms
- To use ICT tools for effective teaching-learning
- To bring the latest trends, development and technology in ELT to us
- To use mobile for teaching, learning, testing and feedback
- To produce need-based instructional, teaching and learning materials
- To prepare and administer a variety of language tests
- To think in a different perspective to make your teaching-learning experience more interesting
- To discover new areas of teaching, learning, research and enquiry in the field of English Language Teaching, Learning and Testing.
The last date to register is 10 December 2020