Organizer: University Institute of Liberal Arts and Humanities, Chandigarh University
About the Competition
World Poetry Day is celebrated every year on 21st March to provide budding minds with an opportunity to unbridle their ravishing poetic talent to celebrate the spirit of creativity. Poetry is a form of art that encompasses all known languages around the world. It is a window to look at the world and understand its beauty through the words. UNESCO first adopted 21 March as World Poetry Day during its 30th General Conference in Paris in 1999, with the aim of supporting linguistic diversity through poetic expression and increasing the opportunity for endangered languages to be heard. On this occasion poetic activities are carried out all over the world to bring together the poetic voices. It is also celebrated in some parts of the world as a day to honour the famous poet Virgil.
University Institute of Liberal Arts and Humanities @ Chandigarh University invites spiritual enthusiasts from all over the country to participate in the Poetry Recitation Competition to be held to celebrate the World Poetry Day, on March 21, 2023. The competition will provide students with an opportunity to unbridle their ravishing poetic talent to celebrate the spirit of creativity. The outstanding participants will be acknowledged for their exquisite articulations.
Rules & Regulations:
- No team participation in this Poetry Recitation competition. Only individuals can participate.
- The poems should be original.
- Time limit for the recitation is 2 to 3 minutes.
- Language: Hindi/English
- Entries will be judged by the duly constituted Selection Committee
- E-Certificates shall be given to all the participants.
- Judgement of winners will be divided into two parts: Winners for Hindi Poetry and Winners for English Poetry
- First, second and third prize winners: Mementos
Who can Participate?
- The event is open for all the graduate and postgraduate students of India
Instructions to participants:
- The participants will have to accept Competition Rules, Terms & Conditions.
- Contestants will be required to fill the Registration form before entering the competition.
- Chandigarh University has the rights to use the submitted entries for branding purpose.
- Entries must be submitted by up to 4.00 PM of the last date i.e. 15th March 2023.
- The late entries will not be accepted
Dr. Manju, Professor, Department of English
Convener, Prof. Tanu Gupta, Head, Department of English
Mohd. Rahmatullah Likhon, +91-90564-13193
Ms. Debarati saha, +91-91639-03836