The National Commission for Women, a Statutory Body set up in January 1992 under the National Commission for Women Act, 1990 has the mandate to safeguard the constitutional and statutory rights of women. Keeping with its mandate, the Commission has, from time to time, taken up various initiatives to progressively increase awareness about the laws in order to generate awareness in the society against various social evils affecting the rights of women and on rights and entitlements of women in the society as a whole. Also going by the belief that education is a process through which society creates the kind of individuals we wish to see in the world, the Commission is launching an Open Quiz on ‘Awareness on Crime against Women’, through MyGov Portal.
- The aim of the programme is to inculcate values of equality, inclusivity and diversity, among citizens, which are essential for building a healthy society. Moreover, knowledge of laws relating to women is not only crucial for balanced development of young minds; it will also help citizens in building correct values, self-discipline and national spirit.
- The Commission has formulated a booklet containing write-up on major laws relating to women with the help of the Expert Committee. The booklet is made available on the website of the Commission to be used by the participants at Download Here
Recognition to Participants
Certificate of Participation will be issued to all participants and Top 25 winners will be provided Digital certificates signed by Head of National Commission for Women.
- This is a timed quiz with 20 questions to be answered in 1200 seconds
- These questions will be randomly picked from the question bank.
- Winners will be adjudged on the basis of maximum number of correct answers.
- In case of multiple participants having given same number of correct answers, the participants who take the least time to complete the quiz will be adjudged the winner.
- You can skip a tough question and come back to it later.
Terms and Conditions
- The quiz is being organized by the National Commission for Women, Government of India in collaboration with the MyGov platform. Access to the quiz will only be through the MyGov platform and no other channel.
- Entry to quiz will be open from 15th July 2021 till 31st August 2021. Participants will be required to answer 20 questions within a span of 20 minutes. Each correct answer will be awarded two mark. There will be no negative marking.
- The quiz will start as soon as the participant clicks on the ‘Start Quiz’ button.
- Entries once submitted cannot be withdrawn.
- Questions contained within the quiz will be based on women related laws and legislations and aims to create awareness on crimes against women.
- Participants will be required to provide their name, email address, telephone number, and additional details as required by the entry form. By submitting their details and participating in the quiz, participants give consent to the MyGov platform and National Commission for Women to use this information as required to facilitate the conduct of the quiz competition, which may include confirmation of participant details, announcement of winners, and disbursement of awards.
- Participants can only enter the quiz competition once. Multiple entries from the same participant will not be accepted and considered.
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances, organizers reserve the right to amend the terms and conditions of the competition at any time or cancel the competition as considered.
- The organizers reserve the rights to disqualify participants, refuse entry, or discard entries, if such instances or participation is considered to be detrimental to the competition, or additionally, any entry will be considered void if the information submitted is illegible, incomplete, false, or erroneous.
- Organizers will not accept any responsibility for entries that are lost, are late, incomplete or have not been transmitted due to computer error or any other error beyond the organizer’s reasonable Please note proof of submission of the entry is not proof of receipt of the same.
- The participants shall abide by all the terms and conditions of the quiz competition, including any amendments or further updates.
- Organizer’s decision on the Quiz shall be final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into regarding the same.
- By entering the Quiz, the participant accepts and agrees to be bound by the above-mentioned terms and conditions.
- The following terms and conditions henceforth shall be governed by Indian laws and the judgements of the Indian judicial system.