Research Associate in Chemistry at IIT Gandhinagar
- Last date of Receipt of Applications: 24th February 2022
- Tentative interview date: 28th February 2022
One postdoctoral fellow position is available immediately at the Indian Institute of Technology Gandhinagar (IITGn) to work on “Synthesis of biologically active fluorescent organic molecules for sensing and biological imaging.” The duration of the appointment is for one year. The position may be extendable subject to the availability of funds, research progress, and the institute’s recommendation. Apart from the research pursued at IIT Gandhinagar, postdoctoral fellows may be required to assist with teaching and departmental duties. The applications should be received by 24th February 2022.
The project requires rigorous hands-on experience of various synthetic organic chemistry techniques and characterization knowledge of IR, NMR, and Mass. We are only looking for students with such experience and motivation. Apart from his research work, the potential candidate is also expected to oversee the laboratory work of fresh Ph.D. students in the group.
- Ph.D. in Chemistry with solid know-how of synthetic organic chemistry and experience-
- Non-Organic chemistry background students need not apply.
- An applicant who has submitted their Ph.D. thesis and is awaiting defense can also apply.
- The applicant should also have publications in international refereed journals.
Interested Candidates may send their application (electronically) with curriculum vitae including at least two references, the best paper of their publications, and a summary of their doctoral research to (Dr. Sriram Kanvah Gundimeda: firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration.
Shortlisted candidates shall be intimated and asked to give a technical presentation of their Ph.D. research work. The dates of the interview shall be intimated only to the shortlisted candidates. Selected candidates must be willing to join immediately.