Organizer: Indian Council of Social Science Research Southern Regional Centre, (Ministry of Education, Govt. of India) Osmania University, Hyderabad-500 007 – In Collaboration with Department of Anthropology, Kannur University, Palayad, Kerala
About the Course
- When: 16th to 23rd May, 2022
- There is No Registration Fees
- Venue: Offline – Department of Anthropology, Kannur University, Dr. Janaki Ammal Campus, Palayad P.O., Thalassery, Kannur District, Kerala
- A total of 30 (20 Outstation and 10 from Kerala) Ph.D. Research Scholars would be selected from the States and Union Territories in Southern Region, namely i.e., Andhra Pradesh, Karnataka, Kerala, Tamil Nadu, Telangana and Union Territories of Lakshadweep and Pondicherry
- The aspects like representation of different Social Science Disciplines, Social Background, Gender, etc., shall also be taken into consideration while selecting the Candidates
- The Selected Outstation candidates will be provided with free accommodation and food during the course period
- The Outstation participants will be reimbursed with the Sleeper Class Train (No Tatkal) fares/ Non A.C. Bus fares (Govt.) in shortest routes
- However, the fellowship holders are not entitled to availing TA reimbursement
- Attendance for all the sessions throughout the Research Methodology Course period is compulsory or otherwise the certificate shall not be issued
- The Selected Candidates are required to bring their own personal laptop for the purpose of Hands-on-Experience
- Last date for Receipt of duly filled in online Application is 30th April, 2022
1. Ph.D. Research Scholars of all Social Sciences from Universities / Institutions belonging to Southern Region (Andhra Pradesh, Karnataka, Kerala, Tamilnadu, Telangana and Union Territories of Lakshadweep and Pondicherry) are eligible to apply for this RMC.
2. The Ph.D. Research Scholars who have completed their Coursework examination / Part I and have registered for their Ph.D. from the Academic Year 2018-19 onwards are eligible to apply for this course work. The candidates must upload a PhD coursework certificate / Part-I Memo in the online application form’s upload option.
3. The candidates who have under gone similar training courses earlier are not eligible to apply again.
Topics to be covered in the workshop
- Idea and Basic Tenets of Research and Relevance of Research Methodology
- Research Design Process: Selection of topic, stages and types of Research Design
- Research Methods
- Data Sources including e-Resources Scaling and Measurements
- Data Collection Techniques Sampling Design and Types
- Descriptive Statistics Inferential Statistics (Parametric Tests)
- Inferential Statistics (Non-Parametric Tests)
- Methods of Qualitative Research Mixed Methods in Social Science
- Research Ethics in Social Sciences
- PSPP Theory – Introduction
- PSPP Hand Holding in Descriptive Statistics
- PSPP Hand Holding in Inferential Statistics
- Research in Gender Studies
- Plagiarism – What is it? How to avoid it?
- Mendeley: A reference Management Software
- Report Writing and Referencing
- Writing and Publishing a Research Paper
- Paper Clinic
Visit Here for Know More
The Director, ICSSR-Research Methodology Course, Dr. M.S. Mahendrakumar, Associate Professor & Head, Department of Anthropology, Dr. Janaki Ammal Campus, Kannur University, Palayad, Thalassery, Kannur District, Kerala, PIN 670 661, INDIA.