Organizer: HE DEPARTMENT OF BIOTECHNOLOGY, KARUNYA INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY AND SCIENCES, ASSOCIATION WITH FEDERATION OF EUROPEAN MICROBIOLOGICAL SOCIETY, MICROBIOLOGICAL SOCIETY OF INDIA
About the Competition
The aim of the event is to provide an opportunity for the students to involve to celebrate International Microorganism Day and share the joy of microbes to the society.
Event Date: SEPTEMBER 19 2022
- All the events should focus on different fields of Microbiology (Eg: Medical, Food, Soil, Agriculture, Environmental, Industrial etc/Bacteria, Algae, Fungi, Virus, protozoa etc)
- The above events will be conducted virtually (online)
- Free Registration
- Register before: 5 September 2022
- Submission of contributions for the event: 15 September 2022
- Each Participants will be provided with e-certificate
- Prize winners will be published in the Department of Biotechnology website.e-certificate. Prize winners will be published in the Department of Biotechnology website.
CATEGORY 1: STUDENTS FROM COLLEGE/UNIVERSITY
- Short Film/Documentary Competitions
CATEGORY 2: STUDENTS FROM SCHOOL
- Quiz- Microbiology (19th September)
College/University category: B.Sc in any Life Sciences, B.Tech/M.Tech (Biotechnology, Biomedical, Food Processing Engineering), Agriculture/Horticulture.
School category: Class of IX, X, XI and XII (All boards)
Faculty Coordinator (s)
Dr.Jibu Thomas, Prof & Head.
Dr.S.Murugan, Associate Professor, Department of Biotechnology, Karunya Institute of Technology and Sciences, Karunya Nagar, Coimbatore- 641 114, Tamil Nadu, India.
Mr.Adarsh Moses (9339486258)
Ms. Nishitha (9087789624)
ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT
The Department of Biotechnology established in the year 2005 with the vision to raise Bio-technocrats and Entrepreneurs develops processes and products for the betterment of the community and the environment. Our programs B.Tech Biotechnology and M.Tech program are accredited by NBA. The department has produced 23 patents and has generated external funded projects in the thrust areas of food, water, healthcare and energy to a fund of 323 lakhs.