- National Level Webinar with Paper Publication on 8th and 9th December 2020 on Inclusive Education.
- Registration Fee: There is no registration fee for participation / oral presentation.
Organizer: Madonna College for the Deaf & Madonna Comprehensive Resource Centre for Persons with Disabilities in collaboration with HEPSN- Andhra Loyola College, Vijayawada and Youth4Jobs Foundation.
- Venue : Zoom
Click Here to Register
Aims and Objectives of the Webinar
The objective of the webinar is to provide a platform for various stakeholders in Inclusive Education and Disability Management to enhance their understanding on Inclusive Education for the Persons with disabilities and integrated disability management. Another purpose is to bring together diverse specialties on a common platform with a view to facilitate networking and engagement between professionals. This is to provide specialist knowledge with lateral understanding, research and application of technology for managing disabilities.
The Webinar will focus on issues related to inclusion of persons with disabilities in mainstream education. The Webinar also aims at raising public awareness to break barriers and open doors for persons with disability to develop an inclusive society for all. Finally, the policies for persons with disability will be critically examined by highlighting progress and obstacles in implementing them.
Inclusive education system is about how we develop and design our educational institutions, classrooms, programs and activities so that all students learn and participate together. It is about ensuring access to quality education for all students by effectively meeting their diverse needs in a way that is responsive, accepting, respectful and supportive. Students participate in the education program in a common learning environment with support to diminish and remove barriers and obstacles that may lead to exclusion.
There will be invited talks by experts in inclusive education ( 25 minutes) and also oral presentation by research scholars ( 5 minutes) . Notable leaders in NGOs will also share their experiences in inclusive education.
Sub Themes of the Webinar:
- To create awareness on the importance of the following for Inclusive Education System:
1. Accessible Education – Accessible education ensures courses are designed and teaching styles are developed to meet the needs of students with different abilities and learning styles. Accessible Technology helps students with disabilities fully participate in the teaching learning process. It can help design and deliver courses that are accessible for all.
The teaching styles and methods can be customized to the learning styles . Pedagogical adjustments such as implementation of Universal Design for Learning can be made when technology is part of the teaching and learning process.
2. Accommodation – It is one of the key components of inclusive education where candidates with disabilities will have difficulties in attending all the sessions and sometimes they might prefer to study from home. They might need different assessments. Hence, the institutions should make simple alterations on procedures like attendance, admission, assessment pattern and curriculum.
3. Physical Accessibility – The other major barrier for inclusive education is the access to the institutions and services that are offered within the institutions. Most of the services are inaccessible for Persons with Disabilities such as classrooms, canteen, washrooms, library…etc.
4. Support Structure – Build necessary support structures for students and educators to work with at the institutional level. The team could comprise of school management, volunteers, experts, educators, health professionals, student leaders and employers. The objective of the structure is to look for the developments in the field of inclusive education and implement such initiatives in the campus.
Type of Disabilities
Visual Impairment, Speech and Hearing Impairment, Locomotor Disability, Learning Disability & Autism Spectrum Disorder, Cross Disabilities
Education: Reading Materials, Teaching, Assignments and Assessments, Technology assisted enhancements in inclusive education, inclusive Tools for online education.
Accommodations: Admission, Curriculum, Assessment Pattern and Attendance
Accessibility: Environment, Classroom, Parking, Canteen, Library, Play Area, Gym and Washrooms
Support Structure: Career Guidance, Scholarships, Placements, Welfare Schemes, Wellness Counselling, Internships and Training
Call for Papers
Authors are invited to contribute to the National Level Webinar by submitting Abstracts / A Full Paper prepared on the proposed themes. NGOs working with PWDs are invited to share their profile and the types of services offered to the PWDs, which will also to be published in a separate section for wider information.
Submission of Abstracts / Full Papers:
Abstracts written in English not exceeding 300 words in MS Word must be forwarded to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 3 rd December 2020.
The full length papers presented in the webinar would be published in the Journal, International Journal of Education For The Future (IJEF) with ISSN: 2394-9902 after peer reviewing. The publication fee for the accepted papers would be Rs 600/- per paper .
Format for the Abstract / Full length Paper :
Paper Size: A4. All margins : 2.54 cm. Line spacing – Single, Font – Times New Roman, Title of the paper -14 pt Bold (Title Case), Author’s Name – 12 Pt, Author’s affiliation with email – 10 pt italic (centered), Abstract- 10 pt italic, Subtitles -10 pt Bold, Contents – 10 pt normal. The authors will be provided 5 minutes to make an oral presentation, on-line.
- Last Date for Submission of Abstracts /Full Paper : 3-12-2020
- Notification of Acceptance of Paper / Poster : 4-12-2020
- Last Date for Registration : 5-12-2020
Registration Fee: There is no registration fee for participation / oral presentation.
- All participants will get a participation certificate and soft copy of the proceedings.
- Only Publishing authors would receive a hard Copy of the Journal. Cost of publication per paper would be Rs. 600.
Mode of Payment (Only for Publication in Journal)
The Publication Fee must be paid through Online mode / DD/Cheque in favour of Principal, Madonna College for the Deaf, payable at Vijayawada . DD / Cheque has to be sent to: Sr.M. Mercy, Principal, Madonna College for the Deaf, Carmel Nagar, Gunadala, Vijayawada- 520004. (Please contact Sr Mercy for details – 9841357080 )
Patron : Rev. Sr. Rosary, Provincial, Assisi Province, FIHMS
Chairperson : Rev. Dr. Sr. Amala, Director, MCRCPWD
Convener : Rev. Sr. Mercy, Principal, Madonna College for the Deaf
Co- Conveners :
Dr. G. Sahaya Baskaran , Coordinator, HEPSN-ALC
Mr. Ramesh Duraikannan , Program Manager, Y4J- College Connect
Rev. Sr. Maria , Principal, Madonna High School for the Deaf
Rev. Sr. Raja Rajeswari , Principal, Vijaya Mary Integrated School for the Blind
Rev. Sr. Lilly, Madonna School for the intellectually challenged.
Rev.Sr. Mallika, MCRCPWD
Archana Vipinachandran, Program Coordinator, Y4J- College Connect
Emails : email@example.com, : firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact Numbers : Sr Mercy : 9841357080 Sr Dr Amala : 9726524453
Dr G Sahaya Baskaran: 9490658088 Archana Vipinachandran: 9645199066
- Madonna College for the Deaf
- Madonna Comprehensive Resource Centre for Persons with Disabilities, Carmel Nagar, Gunadala, Vijayawada- 520 004, A.P. India
In Collaboration with
- HEPSN, Andhra Loyola College, Vijayawada-520 008
- Youth4Jobs Foundation, Hyderabad
Project Executive- College Connect
Youth4Jobs Foundation, Cochin