INDIRA GANDHI NATIONAL OPEN UNIVERSITY- MAIDAN GARHI, NEW DELHI-110068
ADMISSION ANNOUNCEMENT FOR Ph.D. PROGRAMME JULY, 2022
The Indira Gandhi National Open University will be admitting students for Ph.D Programme, batch commencing from July, 2022 through Entrance Test to be held all over the country on Sunday, 08th January, 2023.
The eligibility criteria for admission to Ph.D Programme are as follows:
(a) Possesses Master’s Degree from a University recognized by UGC or any other qualification recognized as equivalent thereto in such fields of study as are notified for the purpose from time to time by the University with at least 55% marks [50% marks in the case of SC, ST, OBC (Non- creamy Layer) , EWS / Differently-Abled and other categories of candidates as per the decision of UGC from time to time.*
(b) See Appendix II of Information Brochure for further details.
ADMISSION CRITERIA & RESERVATION
- Admission to this programme is merit based. The Entrance Test shall carry a weightage of 70% and 30% weightage shall be given to the interview/viva.
- Admission to this programme will be as per University Grants Commission (Minimum Standards and rocedure for Award of Ph.D. Degree) Regulations 2022 vide Notification No.F.No. 1-3/2021(QIP) dated the 7th November, 2022.
- 50% is the qualifying marks in the Entrance Test for Open Category. For SC/ST/OBC, EWS /PWD, the qualifying mark is 45%.
Submission of online application form for Entrance Test for Ph.D. Programmes can be undertaken online at www.ignou.ac.in from 21st November, 2022 or Apply Here
ENTRANCE TEST EXAMINATION FEE
Rs.1000/- should be remitted through payment gateway, using a Credit Card /Debit Card/Online/ Online
Please refer to the information Brochure already uploaded along with Bulletin for fee structure, courses offered, scheme of examination and other details.
- Availability of Information Bulletin 20th November, 2022
- Online submission of application form 21st November, 2022
- Last date of online registration 20th December, 2022
- Examination date 08th January, 2023
Note- Use of Mobile Phones/Electronic Devices is strictly prohibited in the premises of Examination Centre.
Candidates shall be liable for penal action for Possession/Use of Mobile Phones/Electronic Devices. Kindly
read the information bulletin carefully.
Contact: Phone no(s)- 011-29571984/1985/1986(Research Unit) & 011-
29572209 – E-mail:- firstname.lastname@example.org