About the Scholarship
Lalit Kala Akademi Scholarships for the year 2022-23 @ Rs. 20,000/- per month for a period of twelve months in the field of Visual Arts – Sculpture, Painting, Ceramic, Print Making, Art History, Art Criticism, Arts Management, Art Curation and Documentation & Photography etc.
- Application duly filled with enclosures should reach the Secretary I/c, Lalit Kala Akademi, New Delhi within 30 days from the date of release of the advertisement
- The Akademi awards maximum number of 40 scholarships every year
- The registered scholars under this scheme are awarded Rs.20,000/- per month for a period of twelve months (one year)
- The minimum age limit for the scholars is 21 years and maximum is 35 years.
The selected applicants are required to work only at the following centres (work space) of the Akademi:
|S.No.||Centres of the Akademi||States Attached|
|1.||LKA’s Regional Centre,|
|Tamil Nadu, Kerala, Karnataka, Andhra Pradesh, Telangana, Pondicherry, Goa, Maharashtra, Lakshadweep|
|2.||LKA’s Regional Centre Garhi,|
|Delhi, Uttarakhand, Punjab, Haryana, Himachal Pradesh, Jammu & Kashmir, Chandigarh|
|3.||LKA’s Regional Centre, Lucknow:||Uttar Pradesh, Rajasthan, Gujarat, Daman & Diu, Dadra and Nagar Haveli|
|4.||LKA’s Regional Centre, Kolkata:||West Bengal, Meghalaya, Manipur, Assam Arunachal Pradesh, Nagaland, Tripura, Sikkim, Mizoram, Andaman & Nicobar Islands|
|5.||LKA’s Regional Centre, Bhubaneswar:||Orissa, Bihar, Madhya Pradesh, Jharkhand, Chhattisgarh|
With regard to the allotment of centre (work space), the decision of the Lalit Kala Akademi is final and binding.The selected scholars are required to work in one of the Regional centres of the Akademi. He/She have to submit at least two works’ photographs considered suitable and duly certified by the Head of the Regional Centre/Institution every month.The Lalit Kala Akademi, New Delhi, reserves the right to reproduce the images of the works produced by its scholars registered under its scholarship scheme. A Copyright Form performa is filled by the scholars during their scholarship tenure and they have to abide by the mandatory conditions enlisted in the form
- The selected scholars will be required to work in one of the Regional Centres of the Akademi. He/She will have to submit at least two works’ photographs considered suitable and duly certified by the Head of the Regional Centre/Institution every month. With regard to the allotment of centre (work space), the decision on the Lalit Kala Akademi will be final and binding.
- The State or Union Territory in which the applicant has been residing for at least 3 years in the recent past will be the State or Union Territory from which he would be deemed to be applying.
- No request for change of centre will be entertained under any circumstances.
- The selected scholars will be required to submit an undertaking on Stamp Paper of Rs. 50/- duly attested by Notary Public that they will not abandon the scholarship before its completion.
- The scholarship will be disbursed monthly by a/c payee cheques and no claim for any other payment to the selected scholars will be entertained by the Akademi.
- Artists who have already received any awards in National/ International Exhibitions and or received Research Grant/Scholarship of the Lalit Kala Akademi in the past are not eligible to apply.
- Applicants sending published articles in language other than Hindi or English must send translation in Hindi or English.
- The Lalit Kala Akademi, New Delhi, reserves the right to reproduce the images of the works produced by its scholars registered under its Scholarship Scheme. A Copyright Form performa would be filled by the scholars during their scholarship tenure and they will have to abide by the mandatory conditions enlisted in the form.
- The Lalit Kala Akademi, New Delhi, may formulate any other Rule/Condition, which is necessary for the effective implementation of the Scholarship scheme.
How to Apply
Click Here to Download Application Form
For More Details: Visit Here