The Dr Kiran C Patel Centre for Sustainable Development at IIT Gandhinagar addresses the challenges of high societal importance, by promoting cost-effective and sustainable solutions. The Centre is inviting applications for the position of Project Associate who will work independently as well as a team member to execute projects and activities in the areas of sustainability.
We are seeking a dedicated and dynamic Project Associate who will work in close collaboration with the Centre’s Coordinator, Project Manager and IITGN faculty, staff and students. The candidate should have demonstrated capabilities to multitask with strong attention to detail and willingness to take initiative. It is also expected that he/ she will play a major role in various outreach programmes of the Centre such as training, education, awareness and community engagement on sustainable development
The Project Associate’s responsibilities will include but are not limited to the following:
- Support in organising events such as workshops, conferences, webinars, etc.
- Assist in internal and external communications and facilitate information sharing
- Undertake documentation, database management and data collection and analysis
- Participate in and monitor field projects and surveys including focus group discussions, socio economic surveys, etc.
- Assist and/ or carry out research and analysis
- Actively participate and coordinate with staff and faculty members for successful execution of different activities and projects
Qualifications and experience
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree
- Two years of highly relevant full-time work experience in environment or sustainability related projects desired
- Candidates having prior experience of working in non-profit organisations, research centres or academic institutions will be preferred
- Good organisational and administrative skills and ability to work with interdisciplinary teams
- Highly organised and detail oriented thinker who can juggle multiple, competing priorities
- Ability to work effectively with tight deadlines
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with MS Office and other communication, collaboration, data collection, data analysis and presentation tools
Position details: Full-time contractual position; Salary: INR 25000 to 35000 per month; Duration: 1 year (may be extended based on periodic performance evaluation of the candidate)