About the Fellowship
Indian National Academy of Engineering (INAE) will award Abdul Kalam Technology Innovation National Fellowships to outstanding engineers to recognize, encourage and support translational research by individuals to achieve excellence in engineering, innovation and technology development.
All areas of engineering, innovation and technology are covered by this fellowship.
- The scheme is applicable to Indian nationals as well as Overseas Citizens of India (OCI) working in permanent positions in engineering profession in public funded institutions in India.
- The applicant should possess adequate professional qualification and hold at least a bachelor’s degree
- This applicant should have a minimum of five (5) years of service left in the parent organization as on the date of the award.
- The applicant should not be holding any other fellowship and in the event of selection, he/she will have to opt for only one of the fellowships.
- The duration of the fellowship will be initially for three years, extendable by upto two more years depending on the performance.
- The fellowship can be held for a maximum of 5 years.
Nature of Support
- The fellowship amount is Rs. 25,000 per month in addition to regular income.
- A Research grant of Rs.15.00 lakh per annum.
- An Overhead of Rs.1.00 lakh per annum to the host institute.
- The fellowship is taxable as per IT rule of Government of India.
This Fellowship is applicable for TRANSLATIONAL RESEARCH ONLY leading to possible commercialized or deployable technology; pilot scale or field trial worthy technology; patent (filed/ sold/ commercialized); working model or prototype for demonstration and trial (in addition but not limited only to scientific publication).
The nominations can be sent by the Heads of the Institutions/ organizations, Presidents/ fellows of National science/ engineering academies, SS Bhatnagar Awardees and JC Bose awardees. Self-Nominations shall not be accepted.
The nominations will be accepted throughout the year. The nominations received up to June 30 each year shall be considered for selection during that existing Financial Year and those received after June 30 shall be carried forward to be considered for selection for the next financial year.
A Maximum of 10 Fellowships will be awarded per year.
Selection of Abdul Kalam Technology Innovation National Fellows will be made by a Search -Cum-Selection Expert Committee specially constituted for the purpose, as per the broad guidelines of the fellowship
How to Apply
Forwarding of Nominations
To download the Nomination Form please CLICK HERE
The submission of the Nomination form along with all supporting documents/appendices should be submitted by email to INAE at firstname.lastname@example.org
Founded: 20 April 1987
President: Prof Indranil Manna
Deputy Executive Director:
Lt Col Shobhit Rai (Retd)
Ground Floor, Block-II, Technology Bhavan, New Mehrauli Road, New Delhi-110 016, Phone: 011-26582475, Email: email@example.com