Organizer: Azim Premji University
Inviting young aspiring individuals (up to 25 years) to intern for Mountains of Life festival. Selected interns will be eligible for a one-month paid internship programme.
About the Internship
- 01 Dec 2023: Call for internship
- 20 Dec 2023: Deadline for internship application
- 05 Jan 2024 – 20 Jan 2024: Interview and finalising the interns
- 01 Feb 2024: Internship begins
- 01 Apr 2024 – 30 Apr 2024: Submissions due as per guidelines
- Nov 2024: Mountains of Life festival
We invite young aspiring individuals (up to 25 years) to apply to this internship call for Mountains of Life, the third in our nature and climate awareness series (after Rivers of Life and Forests of Life). An initiative of Azim Premji University, this is a festival that celebrates these ancient landforms, and the many stories they hold within.
Mountains constitute over 22 percent of the Earth’s surface and play a critical role in maintaining global ecosystem balance. They host 28 percent of forests and 25 percent of terrestrial biodiversity. They serve as the habitat for flagship species, diverse communities and their rich cultures, and ancient histories.
We invite ideas of documenting stories through photographs, animation, videos and public installations. Submissions should include a 300-word storyline and a 1‑minute video (maximum file size for the video is 30 MB) with the content as specified below based on the themes below:
- Mountains as Geological Processes
- Flagship Species and Mountains
- Living in the Mountains
- Fragility of Mountain Landscapes
Prospective interns are invited to be a part of our Mountains of Life journey. We encourage you to present narratives and stories of biodiversity, people and their cultural affiliations, and the fragility of mountain landscapes.
Shortlisted interns will be invited for a subsequent interview, based on the storyline and attached portfolio they submit. Final selected interns will be mentored, attend curated workshops, and will be encouraged to further develop their storyline over the course of the internship. Final submissions will be curated for the festival planned in November 2024.
- Interns should belong to/be working in areas near the hill/mountain they are documenting.
- This call is open to all individuals up to 25 years, including young working professionals.
- In special cases where entrants are under 18 years of age, they will require permission from a parent or guardian. By entering the contest, entrants under 18 years of age indicate that they have obtained the permission of a parent or guardian.
- Selected interns should have the skills and equipment to document the stories in the format they choose. Selected interns will be expected to submit images and videos as per the guidelines given below.
- The internship will be for 1 month between the broader period of 1 February to 30 April 2024.
- Selected interns will be mentored throughout the internship period.
- All interns will receive a stipend upon successful completion of the internship.
Guidelines for Submission
The 300-word storyline should cover
- an introduction to the mountain, where you plan to work.
- provide a clear and precise description of the storyline you intend to cover.
- highlight the uniqueness of the story that you will cover.
- why we should select you as an intern at Mountains of Life.
- include a self-introduction.
- include a precise description of the story.
- include reason why we should select you as an intern for Mountains of Life.
- should be in portrait form.
- should be clear and not blurred.
- should be audible with minimised background noise.
- should not exceed 30 MB.
Contact us at email@example.com for more information.
For Official Notification: Visit Here