About the Recruitment
Manthan Adhyayan Kendra invites applications for the role of Researcher for its work on the Inland Waterways theme. Manthan is an independent research and advocacy centre studying the issues of energy and water in India from the perspective of just and equitable development.
The Government of India in April 2016 launched the ambitious National Inland Waterways program that plans to convert 111 rivers or river stretches into large commercial waterways. These waterways represent possibly the largest intervention in and disruption of our rivers, second only to large dams. Manthan has initiated a programme of detailed study of these waterways, their implementation and their impacts. Please see INLAND WATERWAYS – Manthan Adhyayan Kendra for our work on waterways.
This role will focus on our work on the national inland waterways theme. This will consist of monitoring, study and documentation/presentation of the development of the inland waterways projects in the country through official reports, Detailed Project Reports, other documents, discussions with relevant experts and possible field visits. This will include furthering the understanding of these developments with regards to issues of viability and efficacy, developmental priorities, as well as socio-economic and environmental impacts of such projects from the lens of just, equitable and sustainable development.
The role will be carried out under the guidance and direction of the team members of Manthan Adhyayan Kendra.
- Time: Commitment of at-least one year is expected for this full time job role.
- Location: Delhi, Work from Office mode
- Salary: Rs. 35000-45000 pm month, depending on qualifications, experience, abilities.
- Application deadline: 20th April 2023. Interviews will take place at the end of April 2023.
- Start date: 1st May 2023
What we expect
- A Master’s level degree in any field, but preferably environment studies, development studies, economics, finance, engineering, science or related fields.
- Passion and commitment to water, environment and developmental issues.
- Willingness to travel for field visit(s).
How to Apply
Write to Avli Verma <email@example.com> with your c.v. and a couple of paragraphs explaining why this work interests you