Call for Chapters for Edited e-Book on Free And Open Source Softwares For Library And Information Centres: A Software Toolkit
- There is “No Payment”
- The e-book will be mailed to all the authors in PDF format
The edited e-book will be published with ISBN by a leading books publisher of the Country. We take this opportunity to extend our invitation to you to contribute chapters related to the topics as a chapter for publication in the edited e-book
Dr.K.Ramasamy, College Librarian, M.V.Muthiah Government Arts College for Women (Affiliated to Mother Teresa Women’s University, Kodaikanal), Dindigul, Tamil Nadu, India.
Dr.M.Mani, Librarian Dwaraka Doss Goverdhan Doss Vaishnav College (Autonomous) (Affiliated to the University of Madras), Arumbakkam, Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India.
Recommended Topics are Limited to:
- FOSS for Library automation
- FOSS for creating and administering Digital library collections
- FOSS for running Institutional repositories
- FOSS for Content management
- FOSS for Reference management
- FOSS for rendering library service
- FOSS for disabled library patrons
- FOSS for designing library brochures, newsletters and invitations
- FOSS for designing and creating certificates – library programmes, competitions, conferences and seminars FOSS for collecting feedback from the patrons
- FOSS for Classification, Cataloguing and Indexing
- FOSS for conducting user education programme/information literacy sessions/library seminars and conferences
- FOSS for LIS research-User studies and Metric studies
- Free Web Apps for library and information centres
- Other Free and Open source softwares useful for Libraries and Information Centres
Submissions and queries can be mailed to: email@example.com
Important Points to note and adhere to:
- Practical demonstrations and application oriented papers on how to use various free and open source softwares in libraries are most welcomed.
- The chapter should clearly indicate the title of the paper, Name of author and co-authors, affiliations, full postal address with telephone/ Mobile no. and email-id
- Length of paper: 10-20 pages, single spaced, 12 point font size, Times New Roman, Justify Align, MS Word format (A4 size)
- APA style 7th Ed. should be used for rendering in-text citations and References.
- Tables and Figures may be incorporated into the text of the paper as close to where they are first referred.
- Send a passport size photo and brief resume of all authors.
- The chapters will undergo Urkund plagiarism check. Chapters with less than 20% similarity index will be accepted for further reviewing and publication.
- The authors and co-others of the accepted chapters will have to submit a scanned copy of Declaration & Copyright form through email.
- Maximum of three authors may join to contribute a paper.
- There is “No Payment”. The e-book will be mailed to all the authors in PDF format
Important Dates to remember:
- Last Date of Chapter(s) Submission: 02.09.2022
- Notification of Acceptance/Rejection: : 10.09.2022
- Final Chapter (s) Submission: : 30.09.2022
- Declaration &Copyright Form Submission: 05.10.2022
- Book Publication: December 2022