Indian Institute of Astrophysics (IIA) is an Autonomous academic National Institution under Department of Science & Technology, Govt. of India dedicated to research in Astronomy, Astrophysics and Allied Sciences & Technology. The Institute has its main campus in Koramangala, Bangalore and CREST Campus at Hosakote, Bangalore. It operates field stations at Kavalur& Kodaikanal in Tamilnadu, Gauribidanur in Karnataka, and Leh/Hanle in Union Territory of Ladakh.
About the Recruitment
The Institute offers training in the Library, which includes the hands on training in the state-of-the-art library techniques and services. Online applications are invited from fresh post graduates who are highly motivated to pursue their career for the following position:
- Name of the position: LIBRARY TRAINEE
- No. of position: 02 (Two)
- Age limit: 26 years
- Remuneration: Rs. 30,000/- per month (Consolidated)
- Place of Posting: Bengaluru
- Essential Qualification: Post-graduate in Library & Information Science (M.L.I.Sc.) from a reputed University/Institution.
- The last date for receipt of online application is 16.06.2023 at 17:30 hours.
Desirable Qualification: Basic knowledge of computer and working knowledge of any library automation management (Koha, Evergreen, etc.), institutional repository software (DSpace, Eprints, etc.), archives management software (ArchivesSpace, Atom, etc.), research data management software (CKAN, Figshare, etc.) content management software (Drupal, WordPress, etc.). Above 60% academic performance throughout and UGC-NET qualification for lectureship.
How to Apply
For Details: Visit Here
- The appointment is purely temporary on contract basis and does not entitle any privileges or benefits of regular employment. No claim whatsoever for regular employment in the Institute shall be entertained.
- The tenure of traineeship is initially for a period of one year and extendable annually maximum upto five years (including initial one year) subject to satisfactory performance of the candidate assessed annually and requirement of the Institute.
- The date of determining the upper age limit, qualifications and experience shall be the closing date prescribed for receipt of completed applications.
- The remuneration indicated is a consolidated and is inclusive of all allowances.
- There will be annual increase of Rs. 2500/- in the remuneration based on satisfactory performance.
- It is open to the Institute to conduct written test to shortlist the candidates for interview in case the attendance of candidates is more.
- Age relaxation is permissible to SC, ST & OBC candidates and also to physically handicapped candidates as notified by Govt. of India from time to time.
- The candidate selected will be posted to work in IIA, Bengaluru and is liable to be posted anywhere in India as per the requirement of the Institute.
- No correspondence will be entertained with the candidates not selected for interview / appointment. Canvassing in any form will be a disqualification.
- Candidates of Indian Nationality only can apply for this position.
- The prescribed educational qualifications are minimum required and mere possession of the same does not entitle candidates to be called for interview. Where the number of applications received in response to the advertisement is large and it will not be convenient or possible for the Institute to interview all those candidates, the Institute reserves the right to limit number of candidates to be called for interview on the basis of qualifications and experience higher than the minimum prescribed in the advertisement and also conducting written test.
- The Institute reserves the right to cancel the entire recruitment process at any time without assigning any reasons whatsoever.
- Candidates meeting the above requirements and willing to be considered for the above said position may submit application through online only. Candidates are required to upload their scanned Curriculum Vitae (CV), Date of Birth Proof, Educational Qualification, Experience and Community Certificates in the online application.
- Misrepresentation or falsification of facts detected at any stage of the selection process or instances of misconduct/misbehavior at any stage during selection process shall result in cancellation of candidature without any notice and no correspondence in this regard shall be entertained.