Organizer: Daya Krishna Academic Foundation
About the Competition
- Students of Philosophy at M.A.. M.Phil. Ph.D. level (Registered with proof) are eligible to participate
- The age limit for the participants is 30 years
- The maximum limit for the essay is 3000 words
- Best three essays would carry Rs. 3000/- for First, Rs. 2000 for Second, and Rs. 1000, for Third award successively. along with a certificate
- The essay written in Hindi or English must be certified by any teacher of philosophy of the college/ university as candidate’s original work and with the Date of birth certificate.
- The deadline for receiving the essay is September 30, 2023.
The entries for the competition can be sent by email as well as hard copy by registered post at the following address:
Dr. Manish Sinsinwar, Convener, Assistant Professor, Department of Philosophy, University of Rajasthan, Jaipur, 302004. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, Contact No 8560825276 Copy to: (by E-Mail only): Professor Asha Mukherjee, Secretary, Daya Krishna Academic Foundation, Santiniketan, West Bengal 731235, E-mail: email@example.com:
Essays accompanied with cover page giving name, complete address, telephone number, E-mail id and age proof as on 31/09/2023 (Date of Birth Registration/ Secondary School Certificate/ Senior Secondary School Certificate will be accepted)
Essays will be judged by a jury of 3 judges, solely on the quality of ideas, innovative thinking. expression and quality of language. There shall be three prizes. The cash prize of Rs 3,000/- Rs. 2,000 and Rs 1000/- respectively will be awarded to three best essays along with a Certificate.
All the 3 winners will be invited to join for a felicitation event at the next Annual Memorial Lecture or Annual Conference of the Foundation to meet the members of the Foundation and participate in the Conference. Copyright of the essays will rest with DKAF and the decision of the DKAF in every aspect/matter related to the Essay Competition will be final.
Suggested Outlines for the Essay
The essay should be written considering the following points: Meaning of Religion, the role of religion in human life, religious fundamentalism, meaning of violence, religious violence, and concept of Secularism and its relation with the notion of Pluralism. The problem of religious violence in contemporary India and other related themes.
NOTE: While the views of other scholars are welcomed, instead of quoting text of philosophers, the student’s own thoughts on the matter are preferred. If the essay is found plagiarized, it would be disqualified.