Organizer: Institute of Chemical Technology, Mumbai (PMU), Supported by Department of Science and Technology, GOI and Hosted by SVKM’s Dr. Bhanuben Nanavati College of Pharmacy, Mumbai
About the Program
The aim of the training program is to provide a general overview of the practical aspects of preclinical drug screening in various facets of drug discovery and development. The sessions are interactive, meet experts as well as receive “hands-on experience on the Power lab data acquisition system, ELISA plate reader, and Auto analyzer. Techniques such as artery and vein cannulation, BP and ECG recording, spirometry, Nerve conduction velocity recording, MTT assay, apoptosis assay, basic cell culture techniques, and experimental pharmacokinetic studies will be showcased.
- When: 4th to 10th July 2022
- Duration: 7 days
- No of participants: 30
- Last day to register: 23/06/2022
- Selected participants will be informed through email
- Introduction to basic techniques: Animal handling, administration of drugs via different route, and blood collection techniques.
- ELISA plate reader, Plasma IL-6, and TNF-a determination using ELISA plate reader.
- Hands-on training on auto analyzer. Estimation of blood glucose, total cholesterol, HDL, LDL, sgpt, sgot, BUN, CKMB, LDH.
- Training on Power lab (ADI) data acquisition system.
- MTT assay, Annexin V Apoptosis assay.
- An experimental pharmacokinetic study in rats.
- Administration of drugs, sampling, plasma separation, extraction, and HPLC analysis.
- Hands-on training on procedures used in a cell culture lab.
- Bioactivity-guided fractionation by column chromatography and TLC.
Accommodation (for outstation candidates) and food will be provided (free of cost)