Organizer: Department of English, Kristu Jayanti College (Autonomous), Bengaluru, India
About the Conference
- When: January 24, 2024
- Registration Fee Needed
- Mode: Offline (Venue: Kristu Jayanti College)
- Call for Papers
- Publication Charges will be intimated after the review and selection of research papers
- Registration fees include a conference kit, lunch, and certificate
Special feature BEST PAPER to be awarded. Participants interested to compete for the Best Paper Award must clearly mention their interest in the Title page of the abstract
Discourses on treatment, therapy, and care practices have offered multiple perspectives on the association between mind and body in scientific and literary communities. Over the past few years, subjective experiences of health and healing have recognised the possible interactions between arts and science disciplines in understanding the broader dimensions of humanistic healthcare through cultural and social contexts.
Representation of health and wellness in anthropology, philosophy, literary, artistic, and performative cultures offer signposts for contemporary routes toward the Humanities. Such contemporaneous approaches make the domain of Humanities a confluence of disciplinary research to reflect on human existences across cultures. Discursive engagements into experiences of being and feeling cut across disciplines identifying spatiotemporal junctures in the area of Humanities. The plurality of existences and experiences is related to identifiable space and time. Representation of such existences about places of retreat and therapeutic landscapes, spiritual and folk practices towards health, wellness practices and remedies towards mental health, histories of recovery from epidemics and pandemics, memoirs and fictitious accounts of illness, recovery, diseases and deaths, associate humanities with irreducible texts and contexts, making it a transdisciplinary field.
This conference aims to comprehensively understand past, present, and futuristic contributions, continuities, and shifts in contemporary humanistic approaches toward living. Research papers focusing on the interplay between culture and society in the narratives of health, healing and wellbeing, places or spaces of healing, health in visual arts, spiritual healing practices, health in literary representations, and ethics in healing practices are invited for holistic deliberation.
Call for Papers
In this context, we invite original research papers from academicians, researchers, and practitioners for the One day Virtual International Conference that can be foregrounded on the following topics but are not limited to:
❖ Healing Practices Across Cultures
❖ Histories of Medical Practices and Healings
❖ Narratives of Illness and Recovery
❖ Narratives of Disability
❖ Narratives of Trauma and Post-Traumatic Experiences
❖ Therapeutic Landscapes and Spaces of Healing
❖ Memory and Cognition of Healing
❖ Representation of Pandemic and Post-Pandemic Era
❖ Representation of Healing Practices in Science Fiction
❖ Therapy and Healing in Music
❖ Graphic Medicine and Visual Narratives / Visual Arts
❖ Health Humanities and Oral Traditions
❖ Post-Memory and Ecology
❖ Phenomenology and Health Humanities
❖ Culinary Literature and Health Humanities
❖ (Re)- Presentation of History through Health Humanities
- Last date for the submission of abstracts : 10 September 2023
- Date of confirmation of acceptance of abstracts : 24 September 2023
- Last date for the submission of full papers & Registration : 15 November 2023
Abstracts are to be accompanied by the following details: Name, phone number, institutional affiliation,
contact address, paper title, and author’s bio-note. The abstract must not exceed 250-300 words.
- Completed manuscripts are required to be submitted following the MLA 9th Edition format. The submission should spell out the theme of research, theoretical framework, the method used, and contribution to the field.
- The full paper should be in the range of 3000-5000 words, sent as an MS Word file. Soft copy of the abstract and full paper should be sent as an email attachment to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The full paper should be in the range of 3000-5000 words, sent as an MS Word file. Soft copy of the abstract and full paper should be sent as an email attachment to: email@example.com
- All presenters must register individually for the paper presentation sessions to be considered as a part of the conference.
- Certificates will be issued only if the participants attend all the sessions.
- Only unpublished original papers of high quality will be Peer Reviewed and selected for publication in a book with an ISBN (separate charges).
- Publication details will be communicated to the author(s) of the selected papers and the Book will be released on the day of the conference.
To be done online via the event enrolment portal of Kristu Jayanti College (Autonomous)
Click Here to Register
|Registration Fee for:
|Students and Research Scholars
|Faculty Members and Industry Delegates
|Participation and Presentation
- Registration fee is inclusive of GST
- Scholars and Students must present their College/University ID cards.
- No TA/DA shall be paid.
Participants seeking accommodation may enquire with the coordinators at: firstname.lastname@example.org