Organizer: Department of Education and Education Technology (DoEET), School of Social Sciences, University of Hyderabad
About the Seminar
When: February 28, 2023
There is No Registration Fees
VENUE: Conference Hall, School of Social Sciences, University of Hyderabad, Hyderabad
Selected papers will be published in form of a book with ISBN number.
In most developing countries, the situation is compounded by the urgent need to increase the teaching force substantially in the context of economic hardship and other constraints (Schwille, Dembelle & Schubert, 2007). The formulation of policy and design of teacher preparation and
continuing professional development programs optimally takes into account the whole spectrum of teacher training, that is teachers’ opportunities to learn from the beginning of their own prior schooling and throughout their teaching careers. “The status of the teacher reflects the socio-cultural ethos of a society. It is said that no people can rise above the level of its teachers. The government and the community should endeavor to create conditions which will help motivate and
inspire teachers on constructive and creative lines (NPE-1986).” Education commission (1964-66) reported that “the destiny of India is now being shaped in her classrooms” which indicate that education determines the level of prosperity, welfare and security of the people and teachers play a crucial role for imparting education in a positive way which in turn empowers human being.
Teaching is a profession requiring expertise in terms of Knowledge and skills. The person involves in this process should possess all round development in terms of cognitive, Affective and Psychomotor domains. There exists a wide gap between theory and the practical knowledge and
skills of teaching required in the actual classroom curriculum transaction process. The teacher should have a skill of constructivism as it is the present hour of talk. A routine bound-teacher cannot act in accordance with the emerging needs unless he or she is trained and frequently orient and update knowledge basing on the prevailing needs and situations. One of the most important requirements to promote and strengthen education is the training of teachers who are the key resources in the reform, redirection and renewal of education.
The college teachers, Education department of University, field functionaries, expert teacher educators and the Government should give their attention to tackle the problem of teachers’ training. For the development of the standards and quality of education, ideal teachers with passion for teaching and well being of society are necessary and for this there is a need of appropriate teachers’ training. Teacher preparation and development are key building blocks in developing effective teachers which needs a quality teacher training (in- service & pre- service).All teacher education will happen in multidisciplinary institutions – teacher education will be an integral part of the higher education system and the best
teachers will require training in a range of content as well as pedagogy, teacher education will gradually be moved into multidisciplinary colleges and universities (Draft National Education Policy, 2019). Higher education plays a great role for youth and human empowerment by giving
those ample opportunities to develop their knowledge and skills.
Some of the current problems of the teacher Education are:
- Recruiting incompetent teacher educators resulting in deficiency of scholars.
- The Staff selection process in recruiting staff for private D.Ed and B.Ed colleges of Education is defective.
- The real staff position on paper and in actual is totally different. The real staff members are seen on inspection days only.
- Poor standards with respect to resources and physical facilities for colleges of education.
- Unhealthy financial condition and pay scales in teacher education institutes.
- Negative attitude of students to learn innovative practices of teaching.
- Lack of regularity among students of teacher training courses
- Average and below average students are opting teacher training courses. Intellectual are not attracted to teaching profession.
- All the above conditions are prevailing in most of the teacher Education Institutes now. There are many problems and issues in the system of teacher education. So, teacher Preparation and commitment have been a subject of discussion at all levels, from the Government, Ministers, regulatory bodies, schools, parents, society and to teachers themselves. On the other hand, Both New Education policy 2019 and NCTE are also suggesting four year Integrated B.Ed courses to make Education quality based. So, this is an apt situation to think and implement some of the measures in teacher training courses to make them a turning point for improving human power in the field of Education. By taking the need of the hour, the present seminar intends to understand current innovations, practices & issues of teacher education and the current position of teacher education to meet the recommendation of the Draft New Education Policy (2019).
Objectives of the Seminar
- To make changes in the curriculum of teacher education courses.
- To make a better plan for Teacher training courses
- To identify some of the new methods of teaching
- To suggest new measures of supervision
- To improve the evaluation procedures of Teacher training courses
Core theme: Human empowerment – A turning point in Teacher education.
- Innovative pedagogical practices, technology and teacher education.
- Teacher as a reflective practitioner, best practices in teacher education.
- Educational Supervision – guidance
- ICT and teacher education
- Action Research of Classroom Practice, Global trends in teacher education.
- Assessment practices in teacher Education & Assessment & Accreditation of Teacher Education Institutions
- University based teacher education programmes : Critical role in transforming teacher education
- Governance, regulation, pay scales and autonomy
- Academic leadership and sustainable development.
- Accreditation and quality assurance in teacher education: implication on performance management
- Autonomy and Accountability
- Last date for submitting abstract : 15.02.2023
- Last date for submitting full paper : 20.02.2023
Instructions to the Paper contributors
Research papers are invited on the core theme of the seminar from the delegates. The papers should be submitted in the MS word format with Times New Roman Font style, 12 font size, 1.5 spacing, margins of 1.5, fully justified and normally be about 2500-3000 words in length including the
abstract of 300 words, APA style of referencing , three to four key words. The front page of the paper shall contain the title of the paper, authors name, organization, address, contact number and mail id. Papers will undergo a blind review by the committee. The soft copy of the abstract and full length paper shall be submitted to email@example.com
University and College level teachers, Teacher Educators, Researchers, School Teachers, Principals, School Administrators, Government officials working in School Education Department,
Curriculum Developers, Teaching Learning Material Developers and any other interested persons.
Registration may be done by submitting registration form. (i.e., 28.02.2023 at 9.00 a.m. to 9:30 a.m)
Please note that there will be No TA/DA provided to participants and paper presenters from organizers of National Seminar.
No REGISTRATION FEE for Faculty, Research Scholars/Students, Administrators /industry/others
Accommodation facility will be provided by organizers on twin/triple sharing basis in guest house deluxe rooms and hostel guest rooms depend on availability in the university campus.
All Correspondence shall be made to
Seminar Director, firstname.lastname@example.org
Department of Education and Education Technology (DoEET), School of Social Sciences, University of Hyderabad, Hyderabad -500046
Email id: email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact @ 9963694334, 7660068783 and 7908407687,
The University of Hyderabad (UoH), one of the major institutions of higher education in India is largely devoted to postgraduate studies and is widely known for its excellence in research and for its
distinguished faculty. The large campus located near Gachibowli, which is the IT hub of Hyderabad, has immense bio-diversity and is home to over 75 varieties of bird, not to speak of the lakes and rock formations which give the campus a natural beauty.