- Advertisement No. 24/2022
About the Institusion
NIAB, an autonomous institute under the aegis of the Department of Biotechnology, Ministry of Science & Technology, Government of India, is aimed to harness novel and emerging biotechnologies and create knowledge in the cutting edge areas for improving animal health and productivity. The Institute’s research focus is on animal genetics and genomics, transgenic technology, reproductive technology, diseases, nutritional enrichment, and bioinformatics. The Institute aims at translational research leading to genetic enhancement of Indian Livestock species and basic research towards development of novel vaccines, diagnostics and improved therapeutic molecules for farm animals.
NIAB invites applications from suitably qualified, dynamic, result oriented and dedicated Indian citizens for filling up the following positions:
- Scientist-G – Two posts (1-UR, 1-OBC)
- Pay Level 14 as per 7th CPC
Method of Recruitment Direct Recruitment / Deputation (ISTC) / Absorption
Age limit 50 Years for Direct Recruitment 58 Years for Deputation (ISTC) / Absorption Recruitment on Deputation Scientists or Technologists working in the Central or State Governments / Universities / recognized Research Institutions / Semi Government, Statutory or Autonomous Organizations in India or abroad (i) holding analogous posts on regular basis in the parent cadre or Department; or (ii) with two year’s of service in the grade rendered after appointment thereto on regular basis in Level 13A or equivalent / with three year’s experience in Level 13 or equivalent; and (b) Possessing the qualifications prescribed for direct recruits, as given below. The Deputation period will be as per rules of Govt of India.
- Ph.D in Veterinary / Animal Sciences/Modern Biology/Life Sciences equivalent from a recognised university with a strong track record of research and academic accomplishment in terms of publications and patents and attracting generous research funding.
- Evidence of leadership with 10 years of R&D experience in any one of the NIAB Thrust areas.
The selected candidates are supposed to work on the health improvement of livestock using modern biotechnological tools and address issues related to infertility linked with animal productivity. In addition to their own research programme, he/she is expected to provide support to other research projects at NIAB and put efforts towards institute building. The selected candidates are also expected to lead the HRD programme of the Institute. In addition, candidates have to attract extra-mural funding to establish and lead research programs in upstream mandated areas.
Areas in which applications are invited
- (i) Reproductive Biotechnology
- (ii) Livestock Genomics
- (iii) Gene editing tools for disease model generation
Published evidence of working in the specified area during after Ph.D. (Publications in high quality journal will be given preference)
WOMEN SCIENTISTS FULFILLING THE REQUIREMENTS ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY
General Information and Conditions
The positions carry usual allowances as admissible to the Central Government Employees of the same pay and status posted at Hyderabad, Telangana.
- Appointment will be made initially on probation period of two years which may be extended at the discretion of the Competent Authority. Further continuation will depend on candidates’ performance during the initial period of probation.
- Candidate(s) employed in Government / Semi Government Organizations / Autonomous Bodies / PSU’s should route their applications through proper channel. They may upload ‘No Objection Certificate (NOC)’ from their present employer at the time of online application and produce the hard copy (in original) at the time of interview.
- Canvassing in any form and/or bringing in any influence, political or otherwise will automatically disqualify the candidate for the post.
- Reservations as per the Government of India norms in respect of SC / ST / OBC / PWD etc. will apply. Women scientists fulfilling the requirements are encouraged to apply.
- Age limits shall be reckoned as on the closing date for receipt of application.
- The upper age limit is up to 05 years for SC/ST and 03 years for OBC as per the Government orders in force only in those cases where the posts are reserved for respective categories, on production of relevant certificates in the prescribed format signed by the specified authority at the time of interview. The OBC candidates should produce the prescribed certificate valid for employment under Central Government. Age relaxation for Persons with Disabilities (PwD) falling under the following categories: UR-10 years, OBC-13 years, SC/ST-15 years. For ex-servicemen upto the extent of service rendered in defence forces (Army, Navy & Air Force) plus 3 years.
- The age limit, qualification, experience and other requirements may be relaxed at the discretion of the competent authority, in case of candidates who are otherwise found suitable.
- Reservation for persons with disability (PWD) will be in accordance with section 33 of Disabilities Act, 1995 will apply.
- Experience for the positions mentioned in the advertisement will be reckoned from the date of acquiring the qualification prescribed for the position.
- In case a large number of applications are received for each category, screening will be done to limit the number of candidates to those possessing higher/relevant qualification and experience. The decision of the Competent authority will be final in this respect.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be called for interview as decided by the competent authority.
- Candidates called for interview will be paid single second class rail fare from the actual place of undertaking the journey or from the normal place of residence whichever is nearer to Secunderabad Railway Station on production of relevant document of travel. However, reservation and sleeper charges and surcharge on superfast trains will be admitted if requisite ticket / receipt etc. is submitted as proof of having actually incurred the expenses. In the absence of valid details in the TA claim, the surcharges, etc., will not be allowed.
- Mere fulfilment of the minimum qualification and experience will not vest any right on a candidate(s) for being called for a interview. The decision of the Competent authority in all matters will be final. No correspondence will be entertained from the candidate(s) in connection with the process of selection / interview.
- The Institute reserves the right to call only the requisite number of candidate(s) for selection process after shortlisting with reference to the candidates’ essential and desirable qualification, suitability, relevant experience, etc. and also to convert the desirable qualification into essential qualification to optimise the number of candidate(s) for selection process.
- Candidate(s) employed in Government / Semi Government Organizations / Autonomous Bodies / PSU’s shall also have to submit a certificate from the employer at the time of interview that no vigilance / disciplinary case is either pending or contemplated against him / her.
- The Institute reserves the right to enhance the criteria of shortlisting over and above the essential and desirable qualification and experience advertised, to optimise the number of candidate(s) to be called for interview. Therefore, candidate(s) should mention in the application all the qualifications and experiences in the relevant area over and above the minimum prescribed qualification, supported with documents and ensure that all details are complete and accurate.
- Age limit and No. of years of Experience will be reckoned as on date of closing of online application.
- The Institute reserves the right to reject any or all the applications and to cancel the advertised post, at any stage of the selection process, without assigning any reasons thereof. The decision of the Competent authority in all matters relating to eligibility, acceptance or rejection of any / all applications, fixing the eligibility criteria, equivalence of qualifications, mode of screening / selection, conduct of interview, shall be final and binding on the candidate(s).
- Incomplete applications are not likely to be considered.
- For any legal dispute, the courts of law at Hyderabad, Telangana will have the jurisdiction.
NO INTERIM ENQUIRIES ABOUT THE RECRUITMENT WILL BE ENTERTAINED.
An application fee through a crossed Demand Draft drawn on any nationalised bank and valid for at least 3 months in favour of “National Institute of Animal Biotechnology, Hyderabad” payable at Hyderabad, preferably Punjab National Bank, Gachibowli (Code No.PUNB0498700), Hyderabad OR Pay directly through this payment link https://epayments.in.worldline.com/niab. (PWD / departmental candidates are exempted for payment of application fee).
Category wise Application Fee
- Scientist –G Unreserved candidates Rs. 1000/-
- SC/ST/OBC/Women candidates Rs. 500/-
- Unreserved candidates from abroad with OCI status USD $ 30
- SC/ST/OBC/Women candidates with OCI status USD $ 20
How to Apply
- Eligible candidates are required to apply ONLINE through website
- The candidates needs to register on the website with username and password along with valid email id. Already registered candidates, may login with the existing username and password
- Before online application, the candidate(s) should keep ready soft copies of the following in PDF/JPEG format as per Application form: (a). recent passport size photograph, (b) All educational certificates, All experience certificates, Caste / Category certificates, NOC from employer any other certificates or testimonials. While applying these certificate needs to be uploaded in the relevant part of the application format.
- An application fee is payable through a crossed Demand Draft drawn on any nationalised bank and valid for at least 3 months in favour of “National Institute of Animal Biotechnology, Hyderabad” payable at Hyderabad, preferably Punjab National Bank, Gachibowli (Code No. PUNB0498700), Hyderabad OR Pay directly through this payment link https://epayments.in.worldline.com/niab. (PWD / departmental candidates are exempted from payment of application fee). The following details must be filled on back side of Demand Draft and should be sent in an envelope super-scribing “APPLICATION FOR THE POST OF __” by post to the Director, National Institute of Animal Biotechnology, Sy.No. 37, Opp. Journalist Colony, Extended Q City Road, Gowlidoddi, Gachibowli, Hyderabad, Telangana, India 500 032 send by post : i. Advertisement Number ii. Candidate’s Name iii. Category iv. Post Applied for e) All self-attested copies of the certificates, mark sheets, testimonials in support of age, educational qualifications, experience, caste certificate (if applicable), curriculum vitae along with Fee payment receipt should be uploaded / DD copy (PDF format only) through relevant part of the application format on or before the prescribed last date. Hard copy is not required.
- Please note that the application without signature, or online applications are received after due date & time or incomplete in any other aspect or without fee payment will be summarily rejected.
- On successful submission of the online application form, the candidate(s) must take the printout of the PDF and keep it for their reference and record purpose.
- Candidate(s) are advised to apply early and not to wait for the last date, so that the last moment internet traffic can be avoided.
Last date for receipt of on-line applications : 17-8-2022 by 5 PM
For any technical queries while filling the application, please email to email@example.com.