Organizer: Researchers’ Cell, Faculty of Education and Psychology, The Maharaja Sayajirao University of Baroda, Vadodara-390002, Guja
About the Session
- When: 7th-18th September 2022
- Free Registration
- Offline & Online on Zoom
- Call for Papers and Awards
- Note: Selected papers will be published in an edited volume with ISBN Number
- To provide a platform for scholars to connect, share and report their ideas, perspectives, and results of their research works.
- To facilitate open and constructive discourse among scholars working in education.
- To acknowledge genuine, creative & innovative works being done by the scholars in their respective fields.
- To explore some new modes of communication for research dissemination.
- Meet date : 17th & 18th September 2022
- Last date for submission of full paper : 5th September 2022
- Acceptance of selected papers : 10th September 2022
- No TA/DA will be provided for offline participants
Any scholar can register and participate in this meet.Scholars with any one of the following criteria can send their paper for the meet:
- A registered Ph.D. scholar in Education.
- Scholars who have completed their Ph.D. in Education after June 2016.
- Scholars who are in the last semester of their Master’s degree in Education wherein they are pursuing dissertation.
- Scholars who have completed theirs Masters degree in Education after June 2016.
Invitation for Papers
- Only Research papers (completed or in progress) are invited in various categories of Education
- Language – English
- Abstract -200-250 words with a maximum of 5 keywords
- Full-length paper – 2500-4000 words in MS. Word, Font Size 12 (English-Times New Roman) with Line Spacing 1.5.
- Reference should be given as per APA format.
- The paper must include the name of the scholar & guide, institution affiliation, contact no, email Id. & a copy of the Ph.D.registration/Award certificate/ Master degree admission proof/ Certificate.
Register with the given link and send the paper to the email id: firstname.lastname@example.org
WhatsApp Group: Join Here
Modes of Presentation
Category 1: Paper presentation
- Finished or ongoing research, conceptual, review etc papers can be presented in this categories.Ten minutes will be given for paper presentation.
Category 2: E-poster/ infographic presentation
- Finished or ongoing research, conceptual, review etc papers can be presented using E-posters or infographics
- Ten minutes will be given for infographic presentation.
Category 3 : Three Minute Thesis competition
- Originally developed by the University of Queensland in 2008, three minutes thesis provides scholars to explain their work (proposal or thesis) to a layman in three minutes.
- Competitions that exceed the 3-minute presentation time limit will be disqualified
Category 4: Snapshots of research competition
- This competition is inspired from University college London and Queens university The purpose of the contest is to provide a platform to capture the fieldwork or research work of student and showcase it to the audience.
- If your entries are selected, you will be given up to three minutes to explain the snapshot/photographs.
- So, scholars from around the world are encouraged to participate in this artistic category of presentation.
Steps to send entries:
- Capture any one photograph/snapshot from your field or research work.
- Describe the photograph/snapshot in 250 words.
- Write the location where the photograph was taken.
- Write your affiliation.
- Send the snapshot along with your details to email@example.com
- If selected , you will be given up to three minutes to explain the snapshot/photographs.
- A Ph.D./M.Ed./M.A. education student enrolled in any institution can send their entries.
- Your work must be in education field.
- The snapshot/photographs must be your original work.
- Send us your snapshots entries along with the details by 15th August 2022 to firstname.lastname@example.org
Category 5: Dance your research in Education competition
The dance your research in education is inspired by “Dance Your Ph.D.” contest, which was originally created by former Science correspondent John Bohannon in 2008.It invites scientists to interpret their theses through dancing and record the act on video. The purpose of the competition is to educate by explaining complex theories through interpretive dance. We at Faculty of Education and Psychology, The Maharaja Sayajirao University of Baroda are planning to implement the similar kind of competition in the field of Education. So, scholars from around the world are encouraged to participate in this unique category of presentation.Here the participants need to perform a live dance or make a video upto 5 minutes in dance form which depicts the theme of their research work.
Steps to send entries:
- Convert the theme of your Ph.D. thesis/proposal/research paper into a dance video of up to 5 minutes.
- Upload the video on YouTube or perform a live dance.
- Send us the link or your entries along with your details by 15th August 2022 to email@example.com
- A Ph.D./M.Ed./M.A. Education student enrolled in any institution can send their entries.
- Your work must be in education field.
- The videos must be your original work.
Example : Below are videos of dance your PhD contest sponsored by American Association for the Advancement of Science (AAAS), Science magazine, and Primer.ai, an artificial intelligence technology company. It can be used to get an idea on how researchers showcase their work through dance.You can get more such work by typing “dance your phd” in youtube.
Category 6:Presentation with illustration/comics
- Make use of humour/comics/memes/sarcasm to present your research work in ten minutes.
Categories for Awards
Best presentation will be awarded in the following categories:
- Best paper presentation
- Best E-poster/ infographic presentation
- Three minutes thesis/ proposal presentation
- Research Image as art/photographs
- Dance your Ph.D.
- Presentation with illustration/comics
- Young Scholar award for best paper( age below 30 years as on August 2022)
Note: Attendance on both the days is compulsory to avail the awards. Only research papers presented in the meet will be included for awards.