Indian School of Public Policy (ISPP) was launched in October 2018 with the dual objectives of democratizing public policy education and engagement and developing policy capacity across samaaj, sarkaar and bazaar. Education at ISPP is based on the S-P-E-L-L framework:
Skills (S), Political Economy (P), Ethics (E), Leadership (L), and Lifelong Learning (L). ISPP is committed to nurturing policy professionals with the knowledge, skills, wisdom, and ethics required to understand, design, and implement localized solutions to India’s enduring policy and governance challenges.
The Case Study Centre is ISPP’s newest initiative that aims to produce case studies that cover a wide range of issues in public policy, administration, and governance with a uniquely Indian focus. By converting the dilemmas faced by policymakers into teaching materials, the Centre provides learners with a rich repository of real-life policy cases they can analyse, discuss, and learn from.
ISPP is looking to hire a Senior Research Associate for the Case Study Centre to develop and support drafting original public policy cases, manage stakeholders, and conduct secondary and primary research and handle client coordination on ISPP’s behalf.
● Conduct secondary and primary research to develop public policy case studies and
other relevant research collaterals.
● Coordinate with and support faculty members in writing case studies.
● Develop resources connected to case writing and teaching.
● Develop writing-based and other creative collaterals connected to policy research
and education for digital and print media.
● Anchor and manage all ISPP communication with clients.
● Manage Case Study Centre RAs and interns.
● Ensure coordination with other teams such as academics, communications and
● Conduct regular team meetings to ensure dialogue between the RAs and
● PhD (preferred)/MPhil in public policy, international relations, public administration, development studies, political science, economics, or allied fields or Min. 3 years experience with a Master’s in public policy, international relations, public administration, development studies, political science, economics, or allied fields
● Demonstrable experience in academic writing and editing.
● Experienced in interviewing, focus group discussions, coding and analysing large
tranches of literature.
● Strong literature review and other essential secondary research skills including knowledge of social sciences databases.
Strong project management skills
● Prior experience with co-developing teaching cases (preferred).
● Prior experience developing teaching-learning materials (preferred).
● Comfortable with statistics (preferred).
● Excellent interpersonal skills.
● Willingness to travel domestically at short notice.
● Full-time role (Monday-Friday). Delhi-based in-office position with the flexibility to work from home two days a week, subject to manager’s approval.
● Reports to Faculty-in-charge.
How to Apply
Apply latest by 25th June. Email Vincy at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line:
“SRA – ” Add your CV, cover letter (no longer than 400 words) and sole-authored academic writing sample (max 3-5 pages) as email attachments.
- Compensation will be commensurate with experience.