Organizer: Department of Economics, Government College of Arts, Science & Commerce, Quepem, Goa in association with the Directorate of Higher Education, Government of Goa
About the Conference
- When: 10 th & 11 th February 2023 (Offline Mode)
- Registration Fee Needed
- Call for Papers
- Certificates will be issued only to those who have registered for the conference.
- Authors of shortlisted papers for the conference will have to pay an additional publication fee as prescribed by the journal/book
Sustainable Development has become the catchword in the Post Covid-19 Scenario. Every economy is trying to incorporate the term in its efforts to protect the lives and livelihoods of trillions. The lack of sustainable development has many manifestations like global warming, climate change, pollution, increasing carbon footprints, frequent droughts and floods, ill health, man-animal conflicts, social disruptions, etc.
“Sustainable development is a development that meets the needs of the present without compromising the ability of future generations to meet their own needs.” The overall goal of sustainable development is the long-term stability of the economy and environment; this is only achievable through the integration and acknowledgment of economic, environmental, and social concerns throughout the decision-making process.
Recognizing the importance of sustainable development, the UN’s General Assembly has identified a collection of 17 goals that every country shall strive to achieve by 2030. Many countries along with India have incorporated policy measures for the early achievement of Sustainable Development Goals (SDG).
The present conference is a humble attempt by the Department of Economics to address various issues of sustainable development like climate change, global warming, and carbon footprints. It is a part of the initiative of the Department towards achieving the SDG-13 ( Climate Action). The Conference will strive to find out from researchers about the use of AI & computer technologies in addressing these concerns. A special session is also planned to debate the sustainable development of Goa in this period of climate change.
- To understand the preferred models of Sustainable Development.
- How Sustainable Development can address the problem of climatic changes & global warming.
- Understand the importance of Alternative Energy Sources in reducing carbon footprint.
- To provide an opportunity for teachers and students to interact with experts in the field of sustainable development.
- To prepare a group of student ambassadors to take up climate change issues at local level
- Sustainable Development Models followed in different regions of the world.
- Addressing Climate Change & Global Warming through Sustainable Development.
- Addressing Carbon Footprints through Sustainable Development
- Using AI & computer technologies in addressing Climate change, Global Warming & Carbon footprints
- Climate change induced concerns & sustainable development of Goa
Call for Papers
Quality research papers are invited for presentation on the sub-themes from academicians, research scholars, and students. Those interested in submitting a paper shall first submit the abstract.
The abstract shall be not more than 800 words and shall contain the title of the paper, keywords, objectives, methodology, and outcome.
- The abstract shall not contain author names and affiliation.
- The abstract shall be prepared using MS Word.
- The abstract shall be submitted through the link Abstract Submission Link by 30th November 2022.
The intimation about the selection of the abstract along with further instructions about submitting the camera-ready paper will be conveyed via email of the corresponding author by 10th December 2022
Accepted and presented papers will be published as chapters in an edited book with an ISBN number. It is also proposed to publish high quality papers presented at the conference in a special issue of a Scopus indexed journal of a renowned research institution/ Scopus indexed book provided the paper fulfills their respective review criteria.
The abstracts of the papers accepted for the conference will be released in digital form
- Submission of abstract: 30th November 2022
- Notification of acceptance/ rejection of abstract: 10th December 2022
- Early bird Registration Deadline: 20th December 2022
- Late Registration Deadline: 10th January 2023
- Camera-ready full paper submission: 10th January 2023
- Conference Date: 10th & 11th February 2023
Delegates (Faculty): Rs. 1500
Delegates (Students): Rs. 600
Industry Delegates: Rs. 2000
Details for Payment
Bank name: Bank of India, Quepem Branch
- Account No: 100910200005917
- IFSC Code: BKID0001009
- MICR Code: 403013019
- Name of the account holder: Principal Govt College Nature of Account: Savings
The last date of early bird registration is 26th December 2022. An additional amount of Rs 500 will have to be paid for registrations after 26th December, 2022. The Last date for late registrations is 10th January 2023.
The payments shall be made through NEFT using the following details.
Delegates are required to upload the scanned photocopy of the transaction details while registering via Google link Registration Link Click Here
About the College
The Government College of Arts, Science & Commerce, Quepem, Goa, with picturesque surroundings. The College started its journey in 1989 with about 100 students. Today, the College has about 2000 students, and more than 100 faculty members, & offers a wide variety of undergraduate courses in Arts, Humanities, Commerce & Science. The College has postgraduate programs in Mathematics, Konkani & Commerce, and also a research center in Konkani. The College occupies a prominent place for academic and co-curricular achievements in the state of Goa
About the Department
The Department of Economics has been present since the inception of the College. The faculty of the Department has completed about 8 minor research projects funded by various agencies. It is one of the vibrant Departments of the College. The alumni of the Department include college teachers, bank officials, state administrative officers, entrepreneurs, etc.
The Quepem taluka is a part of the South Goa district and includes 35 villages & 3 towns (Census 2011). The Kushawati river, temples, churches, lush green fields, plantations, sacred groves, rock carvings, canals, etc. makes the taluka a paradise for every guest. Quepem town is about 17 kilometers from the nearest Konkan railway station in Margao and 43 kilometers from the Goa International Airport, Dabolim. Quepem is well connected with other towns & cities of Goa.
Meet the Technical Chairs
Dr. Nandan Nawn, Professor, Department of Economics, First Floor, Gulistan-e-Ghalib, Jamia Millia Islamia, New Delhi, India- Member: Biodiversity Collaborative INSEE
Awarded: Fulbright Fellowship, & RBI Fellowship
Dr. G. Mythili, Professor, Indira Gandhi Institute of Development Research, (IGIDR) Mumbai, India.
Awarded: Ford Foundation Post-Doctoral Fellowship, & SANDEE Visiting Fellowship
Dr. Shreekant Gupta, Professor, Department of Economics Delhi School of Economics University of Delhi, Delhi, India- Awarded: Fulbright Post-Doctoral Fellowship, & Shastri Fellowship
Dr. Pranab Mukhopadhyay, Professor, Vice Dean, Goa Business School,Goa University Fellow, Indian Society for Ecological Economics & South Asian Network for Development & Environmental Economics
Dr. Rajiv Kumar Chaturvedi, Assistant Professor at BITS, Pilani’s, Goa Campus, Fellow-National Environmental Sciences, Co-chair-IUCN’s Forest Ecosystems’ Group
Conference Organizing Secretary
Dr. Renji George Amballoor, Head, Dept. of Economics
Conference Joint Organizing Secretary
Dr. Vikrant P. Mudliyar, Assistant Professor of Economics
Associate Organizing Secretaries
Dr. Shekar B. Naik, Assistant Director (Academic), Directorate of Higher Education, Govt. of Goa
Ms. K Sangeeta, Assistant Professor, Department of Economics
Mr. Krishnakumar Bandolkar, Assistant Professor, Department of Economics
Ms. Poonam Naik, Assistant Professor, Department of Economics
Ms. Poonam Naik, Assistant Professor, Department of Economics
Ms. Krupali Gaus Dessai, Assistant Professor, Department of Economics
Ms. Ankita Naik, Assistant Professor, Department of Economics
Ms. Shruti Ekawade, Assistant Professor, Department of Economics
Ms. Resha Velip, Assistant Professor, Department of Economics
Dr. Renji George Amballoor- 9421247960
Dr. Vikrant P. Mudliyar- 9588466805