University Grants Commission is a statutory body set up by the Department of Higher Education, Ministry of Education, Government of India in accordance with the UGC Act 1956 and is charged with coordination, determination and maintenance of standards of higher education in India.
About the Recruitment
University Grants Commission, New Delhi invites online application from Indian nationals for hiring the services of Young Professionals to perform the various functions of the Commission. The details of the field of specialization, the education qualifications and other details are given hereunder:
Number of Post: 6 (Six) (1 each for International Cooperation, National Education Policy, Consortium for Academic and Research Ethics, Content Development, Human Resource Development & Institutions of
Method of Recruitment: Contract based through Open Competition
Age Limit: Candidate should not be more than 35 years of age as on the last date of application
Period of Contract: The engagement shall be initially for a period of one year. Based on review of performance and conduct, extension may be granted further for a period of six months only. No further
extension will be considered
Professional Fee: A consolidated amount of ₹ 60000-70000 per month based on merit; which will be decided at the time of selection.
Educational Qualification & Experience:
- Ph.D. from a recognized university/institute (Those who have successfully defended their theses will also be considered).
- Master’s Degree with first class in Humanities, Social Sciences, Management from a recognized university/institute.
- Excellent Communication Skill
- Proficiency in Computer Application
- Strong interpersonal and organisational skills
- Minimum three years experience in relevant field/ working in a similar position.
- Should have sound domain knowledge in areas of Education/Higher Education/Policy/Planning Management/ Administration / relevant domains
Job Description: The Young Professional will be engaged for supporting various functions carried out by UGC under:
- National Education Policy (NEP)
- Consortium for Academic Research and Ethics (CARE)
- International Cooperation (IC)
- Content Development
- Human Resource Development
- Institutions of Eminence
- Further, the young professional can also be accorded other responsibilities from time to time.
- Only on-line applications will be accepted. Application Format is available at http://www.ugc.ac.in/jobs.
- Only Indian Nationals are eligible to apply for the above positions.
- The candidates are advised to have a valid e-mail ID and Mobile no on which all the communication shall be forwarded to them and should be maintained active to receive timely communication. No other mode of communication shall be adopted.
- The prescribed qualification and experience should be acquired on or before the last date stipulated for the receipt of the application. Qualification should be from the approved/recognized institutions.
- Candidates should be not above the prescribed age as on the last date of the application.
- Documents in support of (i) Qualification (ii) Experience (iii) Age (iv) Nationality, will be uploaded while applying online. These documents will “ALONE” be considered for screening and have to be produced in “originals” as and when called for interview.
- Candidates working in Government organization must route their application through proper channel, if their department rules require so.
- Engagement of Young Professionals will be on full working day basis and their place of work shall be UGC offices in Delhi.
- In case of false or insufficient information/lack of proof to ascertain the eligibility of the applicant, their candidature will summarily be rejected at any stage of the selection process.
- Candidates are informed that mere submission of applications shall not give them any right to be called for interview / selection. Call letters and intimations connected with this recruitment will be sent to shortlisted candidates by email and will also be uploaded on the website. The applicants should ensure that the e-mail id given in the online application is maintained active.
- UGC reserves the right to upgrade the eligibility criteria, in case a large number of applications are received and also increase or decrease the number of posts, as per its discretion without assigning any reason thereof.
- The selection shall be made on the recommendation of a duly constituted selection committee. UGC reserves the right to fill up or not to fill up the advertised position. The Courts at Delhi and Delhi High Court alone shall have the jurisdiction in case of any disputes.
- It is to be clearly noted that the above appointments are purely on contractual basis. The engagement does not confer any claim on the candidate to see any other temporary/permanent employment with UGC.
- For further details please visit www.ugc.ac.in/jobs.
- It is to be clearly noted that no travel entitlement/support shall be provided for attending
interview, if shortlisted.
- Last date of filling applications is 15/03/2023.