The NTA has been entrusted by the University Grants Commission (UGC) with the task of conducting UGC- NET, which is a test to determine the eligibility of Indian nationals for ‘Assistant Professor’ and ‘Junior Research Fellowship and Assistant Professor’ in Indian universities and colleges.
The National Testing Agency (NTA) will conduct UGC – NET June 2023 for ‘Junior Research Fellowship’ and eligibility for ‘Assistant Professor’ in 83 subjects in Computer Based Test (CBT) mode.
The schedule of UGC-NET June 2023, are as follows:
|Submission of Online Application Form||10 May 2023 to 31 May 2023 (upto 05:00 P.M)|
|Last date for submission of Examination fee (through Credit Card/ Debit Card/Net Banking /UPI||01 June 2023 (upto 11:50 P.M)|
|Correction in the Particulars in Online Application Form||02 – 03 June 2023 (upto 11:50 P.M)|
|Announcement of City of Exam Centre||First week of the June 2023|
|Downloading of Admit Card from NTA Website||Second week of the June 2023|
|Dates of Examination||13 June 2023 to 22 June 2023|
|Centre, Date and Shift||As indicated on Admit Card|
Display of Recorded Responses and Answer Key(s) To be announced later on the website
Website For Details: Visit Here
National Testing Agency Website: Visit Here
- General/ Unreserved Rs. 1150/-
- General-EWS/OBC-NCL Rs. 600/-
- SC/ST/PwD/ Third Gender: Rs. 325/-
- Candidates can apply for UGC – NET June 2023 through the “Online” mode only through the website https://ugcnet.nta.nic.in/. The Application Form in any other mode will not be accepted.
- Only one application is to be submitted by a candidate. In no circumstances, candidates will be allowed to fill more than one Application Form. Strict action will be taken, even at a later stage, against such candidates who have filled more than one Application Form.
- Candidates must strictly follow the instructions given in the Information Bulletin and on the NTA website. Candidates not complying with the instructions shall be summarily disqualified.
- Candidates must ensure that the e-mail address and Mobile Number provided in the Online Application Form are their own or Parents/Guardians only as all information/ communication will be sent by NTA through e-mail on the registered e-mail address or SMS on the registered Mobile umber only.
In case any candidate faces difficulty in applying for UGC NET June 2023, he/she may contact on 011 –40759000 / 011 – 69227700 or e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
For further clarification related to the UGC NET June 2023, the Candidates are advised to visit the official website(s) of NTA (www.nta.ac.in) and (https://ugcnet.nta.nic.in/, for the latest updates.
More About UGC NET
UGC-NET, also known as the University Grants Commission – National Eligibility Test, is a national-level exam conducted by the National Testing Agency (NTA) on behalf of the University Grants Commission (UGC). The exam is conducted twice a year to determine the eligibility of candidates for Assistant Professor and Junior Research Fellowship (JRF) in Indian universities and colleges.
The exam is conducted in multiple subjects across various disciplines such as Humanities, Social Sciences, Commerce, Education, etc. It consists of two papers, where Paper-I is common for all candidates and Paper-II is subject-specific. The exam is conducted in an online mode and the duration of the exam is three hours.
Candidates who qualify the exam are awarded a certificate of eligibility, which is valid for a period of two years. The certificate makes them eligible to apply for the post of Assistant Professor in various universities and colleges across India. Additionally, candidates who qualify for JRF are eligible for a monthly stipend to pursue their research in their respective fields.