VIRTUOSO 2023: Online Literary Competitions for Students
Virtuoso is the latest initiative of Cultural and Literary Activities Committee. Virtuoso’s objective is to setup a common platform for all the students of the nation to exhibit their talents and skills. Virtuoso aims to inculcate the reading habit among the student community to help them enhance their thinking, analyzing and summarizing capacities.
- Poetry Writing Contest
- Book Review Contest
Organizer: Cultural and Literary Activities Committee (CLAC) of St. Joseph’s Degree College, Sunkesula road, Kurnool, Andhra pradesh
About the Competition
- There is no Registration or Submission fee
- No entries will be allowed post-deadline, i.e., 03 July 2023
- Cash prize will be awarded to the winners.
- The content should not hurt religious or political sentiments
- Offensive, defamatory, vulgar, or discriminatory content shall be the ground of immediate disqualification
- The submissions are to be made in pdf format (scanned or typed. )
- Under no circumstances alterations can be made to your work once entered
Details of Cash Prize
- POETRY WRITING CONTEST:
- 1ST PRIZE – ₹ 1000
- BOOK REVIEW CONTEST:
- 1ST PRIZE – ₹ 2000
- 2ND PRIZE – ₹ 1000
POETRY WRITING CONTEST
- Only one poem per person
- Poems can be written in English / Telugu/Hindi. Using mixed language will lead to disqualification.
- Content of the poem should be original. Copied content will lead to disqualification.
- The Poem should not exceed 40 lines in length (excluding the title and including stanza breaks) and must should have a title.
- Poem must adhere to basic rules of capitalization Do not type poem in all capital letters. Do not capitalize the first letter of every word. Only capitalize words that are proper nouns (i.e. names and places). The first word of each line may be capitalized if it is done consistently throughout.
- If you have a pen name, you can mention it but add your original name below that.
- The poems can be in free verse or rhymed, in a traditional form or contemporary – the tone and style of the contest is open.
- Contest entries are judged based on poetic technique, effectiveness, style, and creativity.
Registration for Poetry Writing Contest: Register Here
BOOK REVIEW CONTEST
- The Book Review should be only in English Language.
- Each review should be of 500-750 words and should not exceed 750 words.
- 30% of plagiarism will be allowed.
- Book review should contain the following points :
- Introductory Paragraph – title, name of the author, genre etc. Summary and evaluation.
- The Elements of the book captured your heart along with justification.
- Formatting Style :
- File Format Type: PDF (.pdf), Font Style: Times
- New Roman, Font Size: 12 Line Spacing: 1.5
- Participants should choose one of the following books for reviewing.
- Die Empty by Todd Henry
- Think Like a Monk by Jay Shetty
- Rich Dad Poor Dad by Robert Kiyosaki & Sharon Lechter
- Three Thousand Stitches by Sudha Murthy
- Ikigai by Hector Garcia & Francesc Miralles
Registration for Book Review Contest: Register Here
Outcomes of Virtuoso
- Participants will enhance their reading and writing skills.
- Participants shall develop their ability of analysis and comprehension.
- Participants shall improve in transforming and illustrating their thoughts and ideas.
Chief Patron : Ms. Y Showrilu Reddy, Dean Administration
Dr. K Shantha, Principal
Dr. C.V Satyanarayana, Vice Prinicpal & Placement Officer
Chairperson of the Committee: Ms. Asha Parveen
Faculty Members of the Committee:
Mrs. C. Vidyulatha
Mrs. P. Vidya Lakshmi
Mrs. A. Sarala Kumari
Mrs. S. Salma Sultana
Mrs. P. Sai Srujana
Mrs. K. Vasavi
Mrs. S. Sravani
Mr. R. Siva Prasad
Student Coordinators of the Committee:
Ms. A.R. Nithya Sri
Ms. Syeda Fasiha Bhutul
Ms. S. Sania
Mr. A.K.Harsha Vardhan
Mr. C. Tejeshwar
Mr. S. Ashraf Hussain
Mr. D. Kiran Sai
Contact: Text us on WhatsApp: 7207776088
Email Us: email@example.com
About the Institution:
St. Joseph’s Degree College is run by St.Joseph’s Educational Society, registered under the Society Act of XXI of 1860 RC No. 19 of 1967. The Inception of the St. Joseph’s Degree College took place in the year 1994 and was affiliated to Sri Krishnadevaraya University, Anantapur. Later, the college was affiliated to Rayalaseema University in 2010.
About the Committee:
Student life is more than the four walls of classroom, it is the celebration of life and culture. Cultural & Literary Activities Committee of St. Joseph’s Degree College devotes its time and efforts to help students to hone and showcase their skills and abilities, and to expose the students to the realm of art and creativity.