Advertisement for a Project Assistant Position at IIT Indore
Applications are invited for the position of ONE Project Assistant position in a project entitled “Language Variation and Cognition: A Study on Indian Englishes”, funded by IIT Indore Young Faculty Research Seed Grant (YFRSG) Scheme.
About the Recruitment
Job position: Project Assistant
Project Title: Language Variation and Cognition: A Study on Indian Englishes
Principal Investigator: Dr Thapasya J, Assistant Professor, School of Humanities
and Social Sciences, IIT Indore
Duration: 6 Months. It can be extended to another six months, subject to review.
This project will record, analyse and digitalise the variations in Indian English. This opening will involve designing, carrying out, and analysing experiments and fieldwork on Indian English.
- Contribute to the development, design, and execution of research projects in
- Indian English language variation and cognition
- Conduct fieldwork in the specified regions across India
- Initiate or contribute to data analysis for use in technical reports, documents, proposals, or oral/written presentations
- Contribute to digitalise the variation data
Requirements and Qualifications
- MA/MSc or PhD in Linguistics or other relevant fields from a ecognised institution
- Knowledge of various research methods (including transcription, testing and measurement in cognitive sociolinguistic research), research designs (including experimental designs), quantitative data analysis, computing the linguistic data and documenting software.
- Experience carrying out both independent and collaborative research and writing for publication
- Expertise in linguistic fieldwork and experiments
- Strong communication skills in English, both orally and in writing, using various media and networks for dissemination.
- Consolidated amount of Rs: 22,000/- per month
- Expenses incurred for travel and other contingencies for the project will be paid separately.
How to Apply
Interested candidates are requested to submit a cover letter (no more than two pages) and àa detailed CV including names and contact information of two (2) professional references in a single PDF to Dr Thapasya J via email: email@example.com by October 15, 2022 with the subject line “Project Assistant Application”. All the attachments should be in PDF labelled as Title of the Document_Your Name
- Application Deadline: October 15, 2022.
- Shortlisted candidates will be informed about the interview dates by October 30, 2022.
- The interview will be conducted online.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be intimated by email for an interview.