This program is designed for Indian students enrolled in an Indian institution at the Bachelor’s or Master’s degree level, planning to undertake an internship /research project at a French laboratory or institution during their academic break (between May and August).
About the Scholarship
- 2 Months Sponsored Internship Opportunity in France (For UG/PG Students only)
- End Date of the application: 13 February 2024 (23:59 IST)
- Result declaration: Last week of March 2024
- Applicants will be notified via email when the results are released.
The application will be selected on the basis of academic excellence as well as the consistence and quality of the candidate’s statement of purpose. There is no CGPA/ Percentage cut off for the scholarship. Knowledge of French language will be an asset but is not mandatory.
- The French embassy is not obliged to respond to candidates whose applications are not considered for the scholarship award.
The scholarship covers the following benefits
- Monthly stipend of 700 euros for maximum 2 months (preferably between May and August) provided by the French Institute in India
- Student visa
- Etudes en France fee waiver (if applicable)
- The scholarship does NOT cover medical or travel expenses, travel insurance or accommodation assistance
- The students can opt for internship for more than 2 months, However, the Embassy will provide benefits for a maximum of 2 months. For any exceeding duration, the expenses will have to be borne by the awardee.
The applicant must:
- be an Indian national residing in India at the time of application
- not be more than 30 years old at the time of application
- be enrolled in an Indian institution of higher learning at Bachelor’s/Master’s level at the time of application
- be in possession of an admission/acceptance letter from a French laboratory or institution where the research internship/project will be carried out. Candidates must approach the laboratory or institution on their own, as per their research interests before applying for the scholarship.
- the duration of the research internship/project must not be less than 1 month and must not exceed 2 months. If the duration exceeds 2 months, the awardees will have to cover the expenses for rest of the duration by themselves.
Interested candidates must submit their application on the online scholarship portal along with the following documents: Visit Here
- Recent photograph (a professional portrait photo and preferably in JPG format)
- Scanned copy of the first page of your passport (with photo and expiry date). If you will be getting your passport after the deadline, please attach passport application proof.
- Curriculum Vitae (maximum 2 pages)
- No objection certificate (NOC) from the Indian university attesting to your status as a student and declaring that it has no issues with you doing an internship or research project in France NOC format Charpak Lab.docx
- Scanned copies of mark sheets and degree of Higher Secondary School (XII), Bachelor’s and Master’s degrees (including those of completed semesters of the ongoing degree)
- French language certificate, if any (DELF/DALF)
- Scanned copy of your invitation letter from the French higher education institution / laboratory. The invitation letter must mention the exact duration of your internship/research project. If you have not received the letter before the deadline, you can attach an email correspondence to prove that you will get it later. Invitation letter format Charpak Lab.docx
- Document of employment / internship record, if any
- Letter(s) of recommendation from the current Indian university- Maximum 2 (optional)
The letter(s) of recommendation should be submitted as scanned copies of the original typed and signed paper letters. They have to include the signature and the contact details of the referee, and (if possible) should be on headed paper of the institution and bear a stamp of the institution.
Note: All the above documents must be in pdf or jpeg format (word, rtf, odt, txt, msg documents, zip folders, screenshots or scans of social media are NOT acceptable). Applications submitted without required documents, or incorrect documents, will be rejected.
Incomplete applications will not be taken into consideration.
Contact us by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org