Application Invited for College Faculty Positions at Manipur University
Manipur University is inviting applications for 42 (forty-two) posts of Professor, Associate Professor and Assistant Professor for 8 (eight) Departments
About the Recruitment
- Total Number of Posts: 42
- Application Method: Online
- Mod of Appointment: Direct
- Qualification and Salary: As per UGC
- For online application the start date is 25/06/2022 and last date is 25/07/2022
- Last date of submission of downloaded Copy is 01/08/2022
- UGC Regulations 2018 will be followed
- Details may be downloaded from the University website
All candidates who had applied for these posts against Advertisement No.1/2014 dated the 10th Feb, 2014, Advertisement No.4/2017 dated the 7th June, 2017, Advertisement No.3/2019 dated the 27th
May, 2019, Advertisement No. 4/2019, Advertisement No.1/2020 dated the 30th January, 2020 and Corrigendum dated the 18th July, 2020 are required to apply afresh. Application fee will be waived and
proof of remittance may be enclosed for such applicants.
Eligible candidates are required to apply online through the official website
and submit the downloaded hard copy of the application form along with the
required documents and proof of fee payment to:
The Registrar, Manipur University, Canchipur, Imphal – 795003.
The ‘Name of the post Applied for’ must be clearly mentioned on the envelope
containing the application. Those in the service should apply through proper channel.
Information sheet containing the details of specialization, terms and conditions for the advertised posts can be downloaded from the University website: Visit Here
Application fee of Rs. 1000/- for UR/OBC/EWS candidates and Rs. 400/- for SC/ST/PwD candidates has to be remitted through RTGS/NEFT to
- Bank of Baroda
- Manipur University Branch,
- Canchipur, Imphal. India
- Account No.49000100009743 (BOB)
- IFSC Code No: BARB0UNIMAN
How to Apply
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- The direct recruitment to the posts of Assistant Professor, Associate Professor and Professor in the
Manipur University shall be on the basis of merit through an all-India advertisement,followed by selection byaduly-constituted Selection Committee as per the provisions made under UGC Regulations, 2018.
- The minimum qualifications required for the post of Assistant Professor, Associate Professor,
Professor, shall be as specified by the UGC in these Regulations.
- The minimum qualifications for direct recruitment as Assistant Professor, Associate Professor
&Professor in the Department of Teacher Education for post code 08 shall be as specified by the NCTE
Regulations 2014 and its amendment in 2017 (Notification dated 29/05/2017) and UGC Regulations
- A minimum of 55% marks (or an equivalent grade in a point-scale, wherever the grading system is
followed) at the Master‘s level shall be the essential qualification for direct recruitment of teachers
and other equivalent cadres at any level.
- A relaxation of 5% shall be allowed at the Bachelor’s as well as at the Master’s level for the candidates belonging to Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe/Other Backward Classes (OBC)(Non-creamy
Layer) / Differently-abled ((a)Blindness and low vision; (b)Deaf and Hard of Hearing; (c) Locomotor disability including cerebral palsy, leprosy cured, dwarfism, acid-attack
victims and muscular dystrophy; (d) Autism, intellectual disability, specific learning disability and mental illness; (e) Multiple disabilities from amongst persons under(a) to (d) including deaf-blindness) for the purpose of eligibility and assessing good academic record for direct recruitment. The eligibility marks of 55% marks (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever the grading system is followed) and the relaxation of 5% to the categories mentioned above are permissible, based only on the qualifying marks without including any grace mark procedure.
- A relaxation of 5% shall be provided, (from 55% to 50% of the marks) to the Ph.D. Degree holders who
have obtained their Master‘s Degree prior to 19 September, 1991.
- A relevant grade which is regarded as equivalent of 55%, wherever the grading system is followed by
a recognized university, at the Master‘s level shall also be considered valid.
- The Ph.D. Degree shall be a mandatory qualification for appointment to the post of Professor and Associate Professor.
- The Ph.D. Degree shall not be a mandatory qualification for appointment to the post of
Assistant Professor from 01.07.2021 to 01.07.2023 as per UGC Letter No. F.No.9-1/20100 (PS/Misc)pt. Vol-II dated the 12th October, 2021.
- The University will not be responsible for any loss or delay in transit of the application.
- Candidates are advised to satisfy themselves before applying that they possess at least the minimum
essential qualifications and Academic/Research scores, furnished with clarity, as laid down in the
- Application received after the last date, incomplete in any respect and any fresh paper/enclosures
after the closing date will not be accepted.
- Any change in the correspondence address, mobile/telephone no. and email address shall be communicated to the University, in writing.