About the Scholarship
D. K. Bhave Scholarship 2023 is an opportunity offered by the Savitribai Phule Pune University. The purpose of the scheme is to encourage students to return to India after their master’s degree and help India to compete in the global economy.
- Prizes & Rewards: 50% of total cost of one year for a master’s degree
- Last Date to Apply: 20-05-2023
- Application mode: Online applications only
- The purpose is to encourage students to return to India after their Masters Degree and help India compete in the global economy.
Eligibility: Open for applicants who are Engineering graduates or studying in final year of B.E./B.Tech. degree (any branch) of Savitribai Phule Pune University from the NBA (National Board of Accreditation) accredited institutes. The candidates must have secured merit-based ‘confirmed admission’ in a master’s degree course in Engineering and Technology in any foreign accredited university from USA/Canada/Germany/England.
Eligibility and Conditions:
- The Candidate should be Graduate from Engineering Faculty / Studying in the last year (B.E./B.Tech) (Any Branch) of Savitribai Phule Pune University from the NBA (National Board of Accreditation) accredited institutes within PMC and PCMC area. (PleaseClick here for the list of colleges)
- Candidate should have secured “Confirmed Admission” on his/her own merit for Master’s Degree in Engineering and Technology in any foreign accredited university from USA/Canada/Germany/England.
- The purpose is to encourage students to return to India after their Masters Degree and help India to compete in the global economy.
- For the D. K. Bhave scholarship, the students who are already in a foreign country attending a Masters Degree program in Engineering are not eligible.
- The expected amount of Scholarship will be around Rs. 5 lacs.
Documents to be added in a pdf format
- Duly signed application form (2 Pages). (No need to take signature from college authorities on the page 1 of the application form ; instead the student should take recommentdation letter form Director/Principal of the College where the student is from )
- Copy of recommendataion letter from Director/Principal of the College
- A copy of the “Confirmed Admission Letter” issued by the concerned University or Institute.
- the final year mark list of B.E. / B. Tech.
- copy of the passport and Aadhar card.
- Any other achievement while pursuing the B.E./B.Tech.
- I-20 form (if available)
mail to : email@example.com
Queries regarding eligibility will not be entertained on this E-mail
- Instruction/information related to the D. K. Bhave Scholarship available on this website only is authentic and applicable. Instruction/information obtained through any other means (eg. on telephone / personnel from the office of the department) may not be entertained and/or applicable
- The Selection Committee wants to maintain the transparent process of selection, free of any undue influence. Therefore if the Committee finds that attempts are made to influence the Committee on behalf of a candidate then, in the sole discretion of the Committee, the candidate will be disqualified. The decision of the Committee in this regard is final; there is no appeal.
For More Details: Visit Here
About the D. K. Bhave Damodar Krishna Bhave
D. K. Bhave Damodar Krishna Bhave was born in 1889 in Miraj, Maharashtra, in a financially poor family. He went to Miraj High School (stood first in his matric class), Fergusson College, and then the Engineering College in Pune (Civil Engineering 1910). He started a job, but he wanted to pursue higher education. After taking loans (Hindu Education Fund and others) supplemented by his own savings, he went to Edinburgh, UK, and received his Master’s Degree in Civil Engineering with Special Distinction. While working there as an Assistant Engineer for 18 months, he studied at night at the Edinburgh University and earned his MA in Logic and Mathematics. He returned to India, repaid his loans, and held several high level jobs including the Municipal Commissioner of Indore. Education was his passion and he was a supporter of Deccan Education Society and the Savitribai Phule Pune University. In those days (1940s) he insisted on educating women and men equally and supported his daughter to earn her MA at Columbia University in USA. He started a scholarship at Savitribai Phule Pune University in 1950 to aid deserving students going abroad (England, USA and Germany) for graduate degrees in Engineering. He had promised to expand the scholarship to Rs.100,000 to Wrangler Paranjape (the VC at that time), but he passed away before he could do so in 1956. His daughter and sons gave the additional amount in shares he had promised from his estate to the Savitribai Phule Pune University. A donor’s representative recently proposed to the Savitribai Phule Pune University to restructure the D. K. Bhave Scholarship to fit today’s environment and the Management Council of the University approved the proposal in October 2008. The D. K. Bhave Scholarship for Master’s Degree in Engineering and Technology in USA/Canada/Germany/England