Interested Students may apply for the Internship till 22nd June, 2023, 05:00 PM. || Commencement of Internship Programme will be on 01st July, 2023. || Duration of Internship – 01st July, 2023 to 31st July, 2023. Each Applicant must fill only 1 form with correct details. || Duplicate Entries will lead to Rejection.
The Department of Legal Affairs (DOLA) organizes an Internship Programme for young law students. The purpose of this Programme is to well acquaint young law students with the working of Department of Legal Affairs by giving training in the field of research & referencing work, tendering legal advice in various specialized fields of law such as constitutional & administrative law, finance law, infrastructure law, economic law, labour law, conveyancing, arbitration & contract law etc.
About the Internship
Indian students who are pursuing studies in 2nd & 3rd year of three-year degree course and in 4th to 5th year of five-year degree course or students who have completed their degree course from any recognized college/law school/university. Advanced knowledge of computer (MS office, infographics, adobe etc.) will be preferred.
Duration of internship:
Duration of internship ordinarily remains for a period of one month. Such an internship shall commence from the first working day of every month unless specified. Monthly internship shall tentatively start from July, 2023 till May, 2024.
Number of students for internship in a month: The maximum number of interns to be allowed in each month will be 30.
Honorarium: The Interns may be given an honorarium of Rs. 5000 / – on completion of their internship.
Procedure to Apply
The student willing to undergo internship program in Department of Legal Affairs may fill his/her application form along with relevant documents/ a No Objection Certificate from his /her Respective college/university. The application form can be accessed on the website: Visit Here of the Department of Legal Affairs. The students are advised to fill up the form online and upload the documents prior to the last date which will be mentioned on the website.
Selection: Selection procedure may be such, that it gives opportunity to all law students from different Law Universities all over India.
All further intimations will be sent through emails.
Each selected intern shall be deployed with officers/ Sections/ Central Agency Section/ Litigation HC Section and Branch Secretariats at Chennai, Mumbai, Kolkata and Bengaluru.
Submission of Report:
At the end of the Internship Programme, all the interns will be required to submit a monthly report along with the research work assigned in this Department. The submissions shall be done to Admin-1
Certificate of Internship:
On satisfactory completion of Internship, a certificate of internship shall be issued. For satisfactory completion inter-alia 90% attendance is mandatory and satisfactory remarks from the concerned authority (authority who assigned the work). This is a full-time internship to be attended physically and the interns are not expected to pursue any other course/work during the tenure of Internship.
The Department may terminate the training programme of an intern at any time without assigning any reasons.
Terms & Conditions:
- Interns have to make his /her own accommodation arrangement during the internship.
- Interns are required to present themselves at respective locations/premises from 9:00 AM to 5.30 PM unless otherwise permitted by the controlling officer.
- Although no leave provision shall be given to interns. However, exceptions shall be entertained in case of medical emergency or if any reasonable cause.
- Interns shall follow the rules & regulations which are generally applicable to the employees of the Department.
- Interns shall follow the confidentiality protocol of the Department and shall not reveal to any person or organization confidential information relating to the Department, its work and policies.
- Internship is neither an employment nor an assurance of an employment with the Department.
- Interns will follow the advice given to them by the Department regarding representations to third parties.
- Library facility at the Main Secretariat is limited to referencing only; borrowing of books/journals is not extended to the interns. However, photo copies may be obtained from the library.
- In the event of unsatisfactory performance, the concerned intern may be advised by the Department of Legal Affairs to discontinue the Internship.
- If the intern decides to disengage from the Department, prior intimation should be given to this Department.
- The dress code of interns shall be formal black pant with white plain shirt.
- Selected interns are advised to contact respective offices/ sections in the Branch Secretariats for entry passes during the Internship wherein interns are posted. Interns who are doing internship in the Main Secretariat may contact Admin. II(LA) Section for the same.
Section Officer, Admin.I (LA) at
Tele. – 011-23387914
Email – email@example.com
FORMAT FOR NOC TO BE OBTAINED FROM COLLEGE/INSTITUTION
(To be given on Letter Head)/ To be signed by HOD/Principle
Subject:- No Objection Certificate for Department of Legal Affairs Programme.
It is certified that is a bonafide student of < Semester/Year> of of this .
The has no objection for doing the Internship programme in Department of Legal Affairs for the period from to . It is also certified that is not registered for any course requiring attendance in the class during the said period.
The conduct of the student as recorded by the has been found good/satisfactory/unsatisfactory.
(Signature and Seal)