Team: Project on Agrarian Relations in India (PARI)
Job location: Bengaluru
Reporting to: Joint Director, Foundation for Agrarian Studies
About the Job
FAS seeks to immediately hire a Data Analyst with demonstrable data analytical skills, and sound understanding of the concepts of Economics to join its Project on Agrarian Relations in India (PARI) team. PARI is a project to study villages located in various agro-ecological regions of India. PARI now covers 27 villages in 12 States of the country and has resulted in the building of a large database of primary data on rural India.
The Data Analyst would be responsible for all aspects of work, including entry, cleaning, processing, and analysis of data related to PARI. The individual will also be responsible for the coordination of research activities under the guidance of senior scholars.
In addition to the duties and responsibilities below, the individual should be prepared, as and when necessary, to take on additional responsibilities.
- Clean, process, and analyse PARI data
- Work closely with senior researchers and assist them in research projects that involve analysis of PARI data
- Provide assistance to design and conduct village surveys
- Provide assistance to conducting conferences and seminars
Education and Experience
- Master’s degree in Economics or any other social science subject
- Two or more years of experience in data processing and analysis environments (Primary and Secondary)
- Experience in social science research, particularly involving village level surveys
- Expertise in Microsoft Excel or other spreadsheet applications
- Hands on experience in any statistical software like SPSS, R Programming
- Excellent English language skills, particularly for academic writing
- Knowledge of advance statistics and basic Econometrics
- Willingness to learn, grow and develop at a professional level
- Ability to work closely with a tight-knit team
- Ability to adapt and deliver under deadlines in a professional environment
- Striving for rigour in research and quality in work output
- Willingness to carry out research at a personal level
A minimum commitment of two years is expected from the successful individual
Remuneration: Commensurate to the experience of the candidate
Interested candidates may send their full curriculum vitae, a writing sample (optional), and contact details of one referee to:
Foundation for Agrarian Studies
677, First Floor, 9th A Main Road,
Indiranagar 1st, Bengaluru
FAS is an equal opportunity employer and appreciates diversity among its personnel. The selection process does not discriminate on the basis of gender, caste, religion, sexuality, or age.