GAME WISE SCHOLARSHIPS
The scholarship will be given in two categories i.e., ‘Elite Scholar’ and ‘Scholar’ to budding youngsters in sports arena for the following games:
Scholarships will be awarded as per above mentioned Scholarship Numbers. In case
there are vacancies after advertisement in either boys /girls category,(Due to non –
availability of eligible candidates) same may be filled from other category in the sameGame.
- Application Date – 1st June to 30th June 2022
(A) Age Criteria : 13-19 Years The applicant should be above the age of 13 yrs. & below the age of 19 yrs as on 01.06.2022.
|TeamGame (Sr. No. 1 to 6 above)||Representing in the national team||Representing in the state team|
|Individual Game (Sr. No.7 to 20 above)||National ranking between 1-5 in sub|
juniors/ juniors/Senior or semi finalist/finalist in national championship or member of Indian team in official
|National ranking between 6-|
10 in sub juniors/ juniors/Senior or quarter finalist in national championship
- In Athletics, only individual events will be considered. Cross Country event will not be considered.
- In Archery, all the categories like Recurve, Compound and Indian Round will be considered for selection.
- In Swimming, only individual events will be considered and categories such as Free Style, Back Stroke, Brest Stroke and Butter Fly will be considered.
- Events under Artistic Gymnastics will be considered.
- In Kabaddi, Beach Kabaddi will not be considered.
- In Volley Ball, Beach Volley Ball will not be considered.
- In Football, Futsul / 7 a side Football participation will not be considered.
- In Hockey, 5 a side Tournament will not be considered.
- In Chess, only events under the Classical Time Control will be considered.
In case of Team Games, representation in latest National Level Tournament (National Tournament immediately preceding the Date of advertisement) will be considered. In case there are more eligible candidates than the vacancy, the player representing the state which has reached higher level in nationals will be considered. If there are more than one candidate who have reached same level in National Championship, then the player younger in age will be given preference.
In case of Individual Games, ranking/ position in the latest National Tournament (National Tournament immediately preceding the Date of advertisement) will be considered. In case there are more candidates than the vacancy, the player having the better ranking will be
considered. In case of same ranking in two different levels (i.e. for example Sub-junior and Junior), the player participated in senior level of the two will be given preference.
For selection of the candidate, Latest Results / rankings available on official web site of the govt recognised Sports Body and/or Communication from Govt recognised Sports body will be considered. In case in any game, the Sports Federation of that game is not recognised by Ministry of Youth Affairs & Sports, Scholarships in that game will not be awarded. The vacancies will be filled in other games, subject to overall limit.
Renewal Criteria and Duration of the Scholarship
The duration of the Scholarship shall be for a period of 3 years. After the completion of the 1st year of the sports scholarship, the performance of the player shall be reviewed based on the performance as per above criteria in the 1st year and the sports scholarship will be renewed for the 2nd year. The renewal for the 3rd year will be based on the performance as per above criteria in the 2nd year of sports scholarship. If a player does not fulfil the criteria at the end of first or second year, his scholarship will be discontinued.
Monthly Stipend Payable- Stipend Details
- Stipend in Rs. (1st Year): 15,000/-
- Stipend in Rs. (2nd Year): 15,000/-
- Stipend in Rs. (3rd Year): 15,000/-
- Stipend in Rs. (1st Year): 20,000/-
- Stipend in Rs. (2nd Year): 20,000/-
- Stipend in Rs. (3rd Year): 20,000
CONDITIONS FOR AWARD OF SCHOLARSHIP
If the application is not submitted in line with Terms and Conditions, then the application is liable for rejection.
The sports scholarship player will not be entitled to draw any other scholarship / financial aid / stipend from any other source whatsoever for sporting activity.
There is no obligation on the part of IOC to give employment to the Indian Oil Sports Scholars.
Age Proof / Performance Certificates of shortlisted players shall be verified with originals at IOC’s designated offices on dates that will be informed to the shortlisted players subsequently.
The players will be required to visit IOC’s designated offices at their own
Candidates are requested to attach :
- Age Proof Certificate – any one of matriculation certificate having Birth Date, school leaving certificate, birth certificate issued by Municipality/Gram Panchayat, Passport or Aadhar Card.
- Performance Certificate – Three Certificates of the highest Performance achieved may be attached – At least one Certificate is mandatory.
How to Apply
The sportsperson should submit the application online necessarily in the formats given on the website with all columns duly filled along with uploading the passport size photograph, Age
Proof Certificate and Performance Certificate as stipulated above. Once submitted online, the candidate cannot make any changes in the submitted application.
- The website will close on 30.06.2022 at 17.15 hrs and no uploading can be made after that.
- No applications will be entertained by Post and e-mail.
- The acknowledgement of the On-line Application Form and Final list of selected candidates will be conveyed by e-mail and SMS on the registered mobile of the candidate.
Employees Services Department,
Indian Oil Corporation Ltd.,
Indian Oil Bhavan, G-9, Ali Yavar Jung Marg, Bandra(E), Mumbai 400 051
Phone No (022) 26447889 / 26447341 / 26447494