Apply Now: GRADUATE RESEARCH MEET
HUMANITIES AND SOCIAL SCIENCES IN TRANSITION: PERSPECTIVES, EXCHANGES AND TRANSLATIONS
Organizer: DEPARTMENT OF HUMANITIES AND SOCIAL SCIENCES, INDIAN INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOOGY GUWAHATI
About the Session
- When: 06, 07 JANUARY 2023
- Call for Papers
THE GRADUATE RESEARCH MEET IS ONE OF THE LARGEST ANNUAL MULTIDISCIPLINARY CONFERENCES IN NORTHEAST INDIA. WE INVITE PAPERS ON THE THEME HUMANITIES AND SOCIAL SCIENCES IN TRANSITION: PERSPECTIVES, EXCHANGES AND TRANSLATIONS’. You may structure your papers based on the following questions:
- HOW DO YOU PERCEIVE EXCHANGES OF IDEAS BETWEEN DIFFERENT DISCIPLINES, CULTURES AND OTHER SOCIAL AND POLITICAL DIMENSIONS?
- HOW ARE THESE INTERDISCIPLINARY OR MULTIDISCIPLINARY EXCHANGES ALTERING THE SCOPE OF HUMANITIES AND SOCIAL SCIENCES?
- HOW DO THESE TRANSITIONS AND TRANSLATIONS IMPACT THE WORLD AT LARGE?
- Last Date for Receiving Abstracts 31 October 2022
- Notification of Shortlisted Abstracts: 19 November 2022
- Online Registration: 06 December 2022
- Last Date of Receiving Full Papers: 20 December 2022
Call for Papers
We invite submissions from M.Phil. and Ph.D. research scholars from Humanities and Social Sciences background. The GRM Team encourages the students to submit research articles that align with the theme “Humanities and Social Sciences in Transition: Perspectives, Exchanges, and Translations”.
The accepted submissions will be clustered around topics and areas of interest.
We will try to ensure that the list of panels (released approximately two weeks before GRM) will mirror the research agendas and interests of the delegates.
- Abstracts should be between 250-300 words and be submitted on the Submission/ Registration page.
- Abstracts will be reviewed, and acceptance will be notified by 19 November 2022.
- The deadline for online submission of abstracts is 31st October.
Abstracts should include:
- The title of the paper
- A list of 3-5 keywords describing the area and focus
- Abstracts with participant’s name/institution’s name/any other personal details will be rejected.
- Kindly note that this conference is open only for Ph.D. and M.Phil. students; hence, persons with a Ph.D. cannot be an author or co-author.
The last date for online registration of selected candidates is 6 December 2022.
Shortlisted participants are to pay a fee of Rs. 300 at the conference venue.
Awards and Publications
This year onwards, the best paper presented in a panel whose concerns remain closest to philosophy will receive the ‘Prasanta Kumar Arukha Award’. The award includes a certificate and a cash prize of Rs 5000.
For seminar presentations, papers will be allotted 10 minutes, plus 10 minutes for discussion.
Who Can Apply:
Any registered PhD or M.Phil. scholars from the Humanities and Social Sciences background
You can submit your abstracts at
For any queries: email@example.com